Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Very happy... to feeling nostalgic

I am very happy today partly because

1) Finished my Science of Music essay. Hopefully it is ok. Managed to cut down to 786 words by cutting out a lot of things. Now that I think of it, like not a lot of stuff from lecture are inside. Die...

2) Finally started my MIDI composition! I have 16 seconds worth of music already! =D But everytime I try to continue playing the tune out on piano, I get a different concept, thus different music, tempo, rhythm, notes everytime. Not sure how I am going to put everything down on paper then down into the programme. If only I can attach a keyboard to my computer and play like that then the computer automatically record the notes...

Ok, now that I've typed it out there doesn't seem much to be happy about.

Anyway I have to thank Jeremy for the MIDI composition thing. No, not because he gave me ideas but because in JC, he showed me that one can just sit down at the piano with no score and just play by simply following your heart. In the beginning it was plain odd and I was darn shy but he encouraged me a lot and inspired me with his playing although he didn't learn the piano. I remember Jenny and I used to head to the hall after PE (what's the name for that?), got backstage and checked out the piano. Both of us ended up playing the piano at different times. That was when Jenny was learning the piano too. I think there were also times when Jeremy, Jenny, me and some others like eric were also there. We'd spend the whole 45 minutes break there. It was at that place, backstage with the grand piano which was slightly out of tune, that I first discovered I could sit and play without a score. I still can do that now. In fact, I do that better than with a score in front of me.

It's exhilarating and you never know what you can come up with next. The bad thing is that once I played it, it's over, so the music only exists once. Each time I play, either something or everything's changed. I don't remember the music I play, I just play with my heart and let my fingers run. Then I forget all about it. There were times at that backstage when I felt like crying while playing and I remember Jenny once told me she felt like that too once when I was playing. "The music's so sad," I think she said. Can't remember.

I miss JC life, I miss my class and I miss the place. Ah well, when I graduate from NUS, I'm probably going to miss the place too.

Damn, this entry started with me being happy and ended with me feeling nostalgic.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

4 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Smarty said...

It seems a good day! ;-)
Bye.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger tstar said...

Thanks. =)

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey stef! It's ur dear gf aimei here! i was tinking of the JC days too..recently so sentimental hor?

I really really missed the times where we just slacked at our own corners in school..

I miss the people too...Miss some of them more though =x ya! wonder how jer and eric are liao! and alice too! *_*

and i miss u too! remember we were in the same GP group? and we go school early in the morning just to go thru GP essays or compre? And i aso miss crapping and talkin to u abt everything! and eating porky!!! ha!

u're not the onli one missing AJC ya! one day we shld try faking as AJ students and eat AJ ice! ooh!

muahs! i love u!!!!!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger tstar said...

hi aimei! haha, i missed you too! Yar, I really miss that place. Odd right, when I was in there I couldn't wait to get out.. haha.. i think... hehz..

jeremy is fine i guess.. i still talk to him sometimes online but not too often coz he is ALWAYS AWAY. =P

eh, I DO remember us being in the same GP group... but I don't remember us going to school earlier to go through GP essays! I thought that one is coz mr cheng ask us to do that?? then we had to meet him at 6.30am in the morning.. haha.. crazy hour! Oh man, compre.. reminded me of compre.. Ok, now I remember the yellow benches outside library below staff room.. haha... eh, what's the name of that LT below ah?? in NUS liao, I keep thinking everything is LT11.. haha.. but AJ got so many LTs meh? no right? haha, i can't remember..

shucks, talking too much in this comment box.. haha.. =D
a bit hyped up for no reason.. haha.. AJ ice so huge, must ask jenny and jeremy and whoever else to join us.. haha... eh, we look young, can pass off as JC students still! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home