Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Very weird leh

Consider this.

You are a female and you've known this male friend from Secondary one. In Secondary two or three he sat beside you in class. He knows of your irritating habit of tapping out rhythms on school desks unconsciously and has told you to stop before. You are on okay terms with him, afterall he is your friend in class. You are both scoring reasonable grades and you ask him math questions quite often.

Then you get your O-level results and you got into a JC. Coincidentally that friend is in the same JC too. He's pretty smart, getting quite good results. Both of you are in different classes so of course you don't ask him school stuff anymore. Because you both are of the same age and both study quite hard, both of you graduate at the same time. So after that he goes into NS and you go into university.

Then approximately 1 year plus after you both graduate from JC, he MSNs you and asks about university and how psychology is like (by the way I wonder how come everybody seems to know my course of study) because he is considering that course too. So he asks questions and you try to answer those questions to the best of your ability.

At this point I'm beginning to feel a bit odd because I am explaining about university stuff to a friend my age, though I am aware that because he is male, he enters U 2 years later than me. I get the feeling that I'm talking to my younger brother when he was deciding between JC and polytechnic and didn't know what H1, H2, H3 was or what GP consists, only that in this case my younger brother is my age. It's just kind of weird. I mean I have always sort of looked up to these male friends of mine because well some of them are very look-up-to-kind, and then now he come back and ask me questions. It is just kind of odd.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get A level results and enter a JC? I thought it was the other way round.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger tstar said...

hehz... typo error... haha, kept thinking of JC and A-levels, that's why... so embarrassing. I corrected it already, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home