Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A bunch of cells. Insignificant.

Am I in the wrong faculty, wrong course?

Sociology
I feel very pissed and lousy that a person who spent a few hours on a paper and crapped away, scored higher than me who spent 2 f**king days on that same paper, planning, thinking and flipping through the textbook until the few pages I keep looking at are lan.
Maybe I shouldn't have thought so hard. Sometimes those that I don't put effort in are those that I score well in.

The one assignment I spent an hour on I scored a B+ while the rest I spent much more than an hour on I scored only a B or B-. The one my group wrote but which I didn't find much effort was put in pulled in an A grade. The paper for which I put in a lot of effort got me an A-, and that guy beside me in class who was also in the same group as me and who is from engineering got an A for something he said he had crapped.
Sure, I still got an A, right? No. If I'm not wrong, almost every other person in the LT or in the course got an A for this paper. I feel as if all my efforts have gone down the drain.

Do you know it is very demoralizing? For an Arts student to not be able to write an essay properly, to be won over by an engineering student. I know I probably shouldn't say this, and that whether or not a person is able to write an essay well is independent of what course the person in, but I really feel as I am robbed of my dignity as a student in FASS.

Psychology
...Why am I in here...? Because I made this choice.

I shouldn't even be in NUS. Something must have gone wrong somewhere.

I think I will be very lucky if I get through life having achieved anything at all. Protestant Work Ethic. Just another person made to go down this route... How ironic. I think I should just graduate after 3 years. Just past 20 and I'm already tired. My prime was in my secondary school days.


Okay, I think I'm really weak but I really don't have the energy. Why can't I concentrate on anything anymore! I can't look at anything for 5 seconds without my mind drifting off to something else. It's darn irritating. And I can't go home because I think it is raining outside.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home