Friday, November 17, 2006

horrible bus rides; test

Reached school at 7.26am for an 8am test. Ridiculous timing. Was fed-up when I got down at the bus stop and looked at the time because firstly, it was far too early to head down to the venue for the test and secondly, the bus ride wasn't marvellous. So I ended up walking from the bus stop outside UCC to YIH to use the toilet and then walk to Science...

I took the 6.30 am bus, it was empty and non-airconditioned, just the way I like it. A couple of stops down, this indian/malay man got up the bus and of all places, chose to sit beside me. Fine, I can't do anything about that, except the fact that the bus was really, really empty, and then some time later he fell asleep. The worst thing is he started to LEAN TOWARDS ME. I woke up immediately. Mind you, I was having a marvellous sleep and was already starting to dream, when I could feel that something was wrong. His head was already in front of my chest and I was leaning so far away from him I couldn't take it anymore. I poked him awake. From then on he tried to sleep sitting straight up and I couldn't sleep properly because every inch of my body was on alert mode. The moment his arm touched mine, I snapped awake. I think he's a bus driver whose shift starts at Kent Ridge Terminal because he was wearing that green shirt and when I got down he was still on the bus. Very irritated.

Let me just jump to the ride home. I chose to sit not at the usual seat(s) in the bus today but instead sat a seat behind the seat I sat early this morning. Lesson learnt, I shall sit at my usual seat where there is the wheel underneath me so that my legs are propped up higher than other seats because that is where odd people won't sit beside me. Anyway this family of 3 got up the bus and because I was taking the bus at 10 am, it was again very empty, and of all the heavenly places in the bus, they sat in front and beside me. For goodness sake, could they not sit like somewhere behind me or 2 seats in front of me? I felt like a magnet today. So the father and son sat in front of me and the mother sat beside me, despite the fact that in front of the father and son was another perfectly empty and eligible window seat. I really don't understand why they can't sit somewhere else in the very empty bus but must sit beside me. Unless I am transparent, or they choose to ignore my presence, which is very disturbing indeed, both ways. Plus that woman... forget it.

Anyway the test was good. Finished the paper with 0.5 hour to spare (the test is 1 hour), checked through it 1.5 times, redid the calculations (of bit rate, bit length, highest frequency recorded) 3 times, drank my water countless of times, rubbed my head once, put on my jacket, kissed my calculator, thought of going to the toilet... Ok, so I'm very proud and satisfied with my paper. Then again, everybody else was good as well. This is Science of Music module and a large percentage of those taking this module have some music background or are from science, or is a mixture of both. I'd be lucky if I got an A for this module, because it would mean that my essay and MIDI were very good. I doubt the first, there's a significant probability for the latter. I hope.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home