Saturday, November 11, 2006

Individuals

It was last night when a friend of mine told me something I found disconcerting. It isn't anything major, but it bugged me. Why? Because I see how everybody tends to think the same way, say the same things, draw general conclusions. When have we ever truly listened to a person without imposing our own ideas on them? Do you see others as only belonging to a certain category, that they are those people? If a girl flits from a guy to another, do you say that she is a flirt, or do you think that there might be something else underneath? Do you bother to find out why she does that, or do you simply put her in the category of "flirts"? Do you truly listen to your friends, or do you find their problems a bother?
This matter bugged me and prompted me to blog the following.

So many things remind me of him and the past. Never realized how much of the things in my life I associated it with him.

I can't tell if I miss him or the memories. Seemed as if it's too long since we last met, when it has only been three weeks or so.

I'm gradually healing. I know because I can feel it. But healing does not mean that I don't care for him. Maybe in a different way.

Always a maybe, never a certainty.

Friends tell me things like forget him, he's not worth it, he's not your type, he's just an ordinary person. To me he is not and nobody will understand how I feel towards and about him unless you are me. Don't tell me what to think or do because it all doesn't matter. Sometimes we don't need a directive hand down a certain path. Sometimes all we need is a few uncertainties, a little bit of reasoning, a patient listening ear, no drawing of general conclusions, listening to the heart and the mind at the same time, not letting others impose on you their ideas and ultimately letting nature take its own course.

Because not everybody fits into a category. Every person who has left or rejected a person is an individual and the person always have their own reasons for doing what he/she did, whether or not we know or understand.

Maybe all we need to do is to understand those who are hurt. Understand not with your ears and mind but with your heart. I find that the most effective way of listening to somebody spilling their problems.

Has it occured to you that sometimes when we listen to others talk about their problems and we do not bother to listen with our hearts, we have just hurt them, added on to their problems? The opinions and judgements that we offer or hand out, we think are helping them but in fact provides no help at all.

Have you been listening with your heart?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ironically, right now, i understand what u really mean..

**if it was mi in the past, i might not understand ur point at all** =)

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

Irrelevant comment: OEI! You start a new blog why never say one? Haha....

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger tstar said...

to SBS: hehz, sorry... I tot if ppl wanted to come in and read then they will lor, so I never inform others...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home