Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bye 2006

Almost the new year! A couple more hours to go. If I'm a wet blanket, I can say that a new year isn't anything much. It's only a couple more hours - time, something we constructed and imposed upon our daily life. Something we attach (too much) meanings to. In the new year, the earth still continues to spin, the sun continues to rise and set, water still flows and we still have to pay our bills. When the clock strikes 12, we spend a minute (more or less) cheering madly, then two days later we're either back at school or work, back to facing the (even larger) pile of work and people/colleagues we don't really like.
If you think about it, isn't it odd we celebrate the passing of time? Time, that which most of us want to stop and that which we always want more. Ironic. We wave quite happily bye to 2006, a year pass.

Then again, we can always look on the bright side! If 2006 hasn't been a good year, then maybe next year will be better. Optimism, you know. =) It's an hour to 2007! I'm so excited! (Ok, maybe I'm not that excited. 2007 just means I'm turning 21 soon. Considering how I felt when I turned 20...)

Everybody has been doing a recount of 2006, what they have done and all that. Hmm, should I? Nah, too much to summarise. Besides, I'm sure you'd be bored. =) One thing though. I've learnt a lot in 2006. A lot of things in many aspects like life, blah blah and myself, blah blah. Just read through the archives.

By the way, heard that 7 bombs went off in Bangkok just now. Not 1, not 2 but 7 freaking bombs. I just wish that when the clock strikes 12, no bombs go off in Singapore or anywhere in the world. Throughout the year too, please just let all of us be safe. Much as I don't see much in my life now, I'm trying to build it up again so no I don't wish to die yet. Why are humans so fond of killing each other? I don't understand.

Bye 2006. Thank you, time, for all that you have taught me in this past year. I hope I'll learn as much in the upcoming year.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home