Friday, January 19, 2007

City harvest account

2 weeks ago LY was telling me that her friend/boyfriend/lover invited her to church, city harvest. Somehow we got to talking about how the place is like and I didn't tell her some very pretty things. I wonder how was the whole thing and if she's still herself. I'm pretty sure she still is because she's really sensible (you'd better be, LY! If you are going to join, please read this account first and view it through the eyes of another person).

Here is an account written by Agagooga on his first visit there. It's scary what they do there. Seriously, I don't understand why people would actually be convinced to join that particular church. Actually there are a few reasons why and the reasons aren't exactly anything due to the religion. Anyway it's an interesting read.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say that it's not what type of church that matters. If you cannot fit into this church then go to another one until you find one that God wants you to be in.

The focus is on God. Fix your eyes on Jesus and not HUMAN. Yes being in this church, I am not siding them nor do I agree with the way they do things, but the reason for keeping me going is to fellowship with God more than just fellowshipping in my small "cubicle".

Moreover, I miss my church back home. But do I look like I have a choice? It's all choices. Just have to screen and make wise choices in life.

If not for Jesus, I would have not have a life. If not for Jesus until today I cannot be healed. How many times did I manage to pull myself out from road accidents, drowning, sickness... if it's coincidence, then my "coincidental experiences" are too accurate and frequent that I couldn't believe it myself.

Btw thanks for bringing this subject up. It's good to share opinions with others. Don't feel obliged with the tithes system. "tithes" simply mean showing our love and faith to God. If you refuse to believe in that, there's nothing humans can do about it. But if such simple love and faith also you cannot fulfill what more about doing other greater things in life. By doing it not out of duty but out of love, God will bless you abundantly in return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home