Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ping.sg anniversary

We had our ping.sg meeting on Saturday night at The Coffee Connoisseur (tcc) at Boat Quay for the anniversary preparation. The rest were discussing stuff, I was there to eat and listen. In case you still do not know, ping.sg is turning 1 on 4th July 2007, celebration (sign-up here) is held on 7th July 2007 at Geek Terminal, with registration starting at about 3.30 or 4pm. It is free but purely only for ping.sg members, so pingsters if your friends want to come, I'm sorry but it's a no-go, unless you sign up as a member and registered for the party. I am really apprehensive about saying the above sentence because then people might just register for the heck of it, then urge their friends to reigster, then pull more people in to register. You try doing that and I promise that the bunch of us will make you all a very unhappy and regretful person on that day. I promise that I'll poke you so hard you won't be able to tell I'm a female and leave you with bruises all over.

Programme is briefly as below:

3:30pm - 4:00pm
Registration
4:00pm - 6:30pm
Blog Awards Presentation, Launch of Ping.sg v1.5, Birthday Cake Celebration.
7:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner + Networking
9:00pm - late
Post celebration party (optional) [Pay for your own booze]

Yes there will be a Blog Awards Presentation of several categories including Most Entertaining Blog, Most Insightful Blog, Most Controversial Post and several others. Nominations were open for a week plus before the meeting and if you were thinking of nominating anybody else for the awards, sorry, window period for nomination is also closed =P I seem to have postponed blogging so much that I have skipped mentioning about the window period for nomination when in the past I would have dedicated an entire entry to it.

Anyway, voting is due to open soon, so do check out ping.sg to vote. You are allowed to join ping.sg to vote for your friends but I would really urge you all to participate more actively rather than join just for the mere purpose of helping your friend win an award. An award is just an award. The platform is for Singapore's blogger community after all and the people there are fun!

Yay! I am very excited about that day! Though the word "networking" scares me off. I think I might convince myself to either examine the carpet under the tables after 7.30pm or turn cold-blooded enough to blend in with the walls. The walls are white, maybe I should wear all-white.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home