Friday, July 06, 2007

Upcoming concert - Xinfony VII

It is a full week before XMS's concert next week. I have been (sort of) practicing for a couple of months but I am really not ready. Reason being that the past practices I was never serious. Somehow the concert always seemed far away and I did not feel the need to take things seriously. I have improved and learnt more today about the pieces and my part than I have ever learnt in the past 2 months. This is really really bad. Is it possible for me to miraculously master my part in 1 week with maybe a day of practice? It is virtually impossible for me to get my hands on a xylophone until concert day itself.

Alright, a little publicity.

Xinmin Secondary Symphonic Band will be having its annual concert, Xinfony VII, this coming Friday, 13th July. For some reason we always get weird dates. I remember there was once the concert was held on National Day. National Day, for goodness' sake! Anyway I'll be playing in the alumni band, X-winds, and we will be taking control of the 2nd half of the concert. I have no idea what time the concert starts except to guess that it is probably in the evening around 7.30pm. Similarly, I do not remember how much the tickets cost except that it is above $10. What I know for certainty is that we are playing in Victoria Concert Hall (VCH), as we have done so for as long as I remember.

I am not sure what the main band is playing, but they have an impressive 7 song repertoire (around there, plus minus 2). The alumni will be playing Bugler's Holiday, Jericho, 童话.

Ha, some publicity!

Anyway if anybody is interested to come (despite the lack of information) and pressurize me so that I will screw up my parts and enjoy yourself laughing at me after that, please contact me. I would love to know that you are in the audience, watching my every move.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home