Thursday, December 13, 2007

Concert

I need sleep.

I am flattered that a friend thinks if I advertise about the concert on my blog there are people who will actually order tickets through here. Not sarcastically flattered, but really flattered that he thinks that way. Truth is that it don't exactly work. This blog isn't famous or anything and I believe most of my readers are my friends (which is very heart-warming, knowing that my friends do read my blog still), whom I would have had bugged to no end about attending one of the (yet another) concert I'm performing in. So to those whom I have already bugged and bugged and now come in here to read about something else, I'm awfully sorry because here's another promotion for the concert! =D


Ok, the Anak Baba Band and Ministry of Bellz concert, titled Babas h'and Bellz, the former playing peranakan music, the latter handbells, will be on the 26th December 2007, Wednesday (the day after Christmas), at either 3pm or 8pm. Tickets are priced at $15. Concert is held at The Arts House (The old Parliament).

Ministry of Bellz is a very new handbells group, started only half a year ago. We've just came back from HK for an educational trip (which I have YET TO BLOGGED ABOUT). We have performed at a joint concert with The emBellishment Handbells Quartet in Hong Kong and also at Disneyland Hong Kong.

Anak Baba Band is primarily a band playing peranakan music. They use keyboards, drumset and some percussion. Should be quite interesting. I don't play in it though, so I'm afraid I am not very sure about the details of the band.

So there are 2 sections in this concert - The Anak Baba Band playing peranakan music using keyboards and percussion, and the Ministry of Bellz playing Christmas and other pieces using handbells.

If you're interested in attending this concert, do contact me at my email ng.wan.jing@gmail.com.
I've never stepped into The Arts House and it's kind of exciting to think about how it is inside there. By the way I'll be playing handbells in Ministry of Bellz. It's my first time performing as a ringer and I'd just picked it up slightly more than a month ago. It's a challenge, but exciting and very different from percussion. What I thought of as simple bell ringing did not turn out to be so simple. There are techniques, ringing motions, damping, coordination, gracefulness and other stuff I have to know. Crash course in 2 weeks and then show time. It's quite beautiful, though, playing music with handbells. I'd very much appreciate if some of you would come down to watch! I remember the last time percussion concert, my friends went down to watch then I was so nervous and during intermission they told me to relax because they could see that I was nervous. It's a lot better now though. Stage fright isn't so bad for me nowadays.

Ok, hope I can sell all 20 tickets. It might be my last concert with this group, if I can actually bear to stop playing handbells (the group has 3 octaves of bells - very expensive).

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home