Saturday, January 12, 2008

Suki Sushi

My family went for dinner at Suki Sushi just the other day. Admittedly, I've never heard of this place before.

Suki Sushi is a Japanese restaurant set up by a Singaporean. The first restaurant is located at Ang Mo Kio, the other one at Punggol Plaza, and it is the latter, and the newer one that we went to. The main draw of this place is the fact that the sushis cost $0.99 per coloured plate, which is a whole lot cheaper than other Japanese restaurants with the same dining concept. There are 2 other prices for sushis on the conveyor belt - $2.99 for white plates and $5.99 for the red plates.

I'm not an avid fan of Japanese food, nor do I visit such restaurants frequently so I won't say that I know how to judge the quality of the food fairly nor say that my comparisons to the other restaurants stand. I'll just tell you what I feel about the place and the food that we tried.

We went at about 6pm+, so I don't know if it was because of the timing where the sushis were being replenished after the lunch buffet time (if there is one!), but I found a large enough variety of sushi on the belt as compared to the few others that I've went to. I also loved the salmon they had - it was fresh! And it was on the $0.99 plates! My brother had so many plates of the salmon because he's a sucker for salmon, like me. I felt that a nice amount of the good stuff were on the $0.99 plates and of course some were on the $2.99 ones. Frankly though, there were so many varieties on the coloured plates that I did not have time to venture into the white ones. Ok, I'm a small eater =P

The belt was constantly replenished so we often had to find a way to squeeze the container of wasabi back onto the belt. I remember I was at another sushi restaurant with Jenny the other day for a late lunch and the belt was so empty or the same few varieties were going round and round that I was sick of looking at them. Dinner at Suki Sushi was different from then. Well, it might have been the timing...

The kitchen is located right smack in the middle of the cozy restaurant and entirely open so you can see the chefs prepare your order or the sushis on the belt. It's kind of nice because you can tell the waiters/waitresses what you want and after the chef is done, there is one helper inside the area who will lean over the belt and directly hand you the plate.


Worth a try. Good for satisfying that Japanese-food-craving and goes easy on the pocket!

Have you ever seen what a real Japanese sushi restaurant is like? I haven't, but I wonder just how fresh can sushi be.

Read reviews of Suki Sushi, the Ang Mo Kio branch, on Yebber.com.

TheGodFasha (on Yebber.com):

Didn’t know about this hidden place until my gf brought me to it. Wah... I can only say it’s every pennies worth! Eventhough their standard is not that fantastic, it’s also not that bad. Could see they are very generous with their servings! As in the other reviews, I affirm that the price is the most attractive factor! Cheap and good I say! With $50 bucks you can feed 4 mouths!! What a deal!! Anyone with a cheapskate mind like me should go! (I mean it in a good way ah...Hahaha...)

Suki Sushi 4190 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 #01-B KBox Plaza Tel: 6456 8191

AND

Suki Sushi 168 Punggol Field #B1-05 Punggol Plaza
Tel: 6387 8192

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home