Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hong Kong (Part 3)

Very, very apologetic for this very overdue post on the Hong Kong trip last YEAR. I remember Ruifang saying that she thought there would be Part 3 and 4, but I never got around to doing it. I also need to type less words and put more photos which shouldn't be a problem since I have probably forgotten a majority of the happenings.

Ministry of Bellz (MOB) Educational Trip (Part 3)

Day 2 - On the way to breakfast

Our very nice, friendly and efficient tour leader - Rainkey and Damien's foot at the left corner

me and Pearl (shucks, we really look very alike)

Roland daydreaming

His hand is not where you think it is.

Railway

Random picture of road and vehicle
At this point, the point I was trying to make with the pictures was that despite being out of Singapore, I still felt like I was in Singapore and everything was within expectation - roads, vehicles, trees. Makes me wonder how similar different countries are (oxymoron).

Random picture of a double-decker bus

Which reminds me I don't remember seeing any single-deck buses while I was there.

With only 4 - 5 hours of sleep the night before, everyone fell asleep on the ride to Tai Po for breakfast:

Kim Peng

I hope Kim doesn't reprimand me for putting this up.

Melodie

Debbie

The rest who were awake:

from back (left to right): Pearlin, Roland, Axils, Damien

Axils was yawning.

Traffic light and crossing

Our pedestrian crossings are of black tar with white outlines. They have striped roads and reflective plates:
The same, yet different.

Finally at Tai Po (again):Street scene

The attire of the old lady is really so typical it felt like I was in a TV show.

Breakfast place

How it looks like:

Pearlin, Damien, Kim in the diner

Damien and Kim

Receipt of the food we ordered and the list of dishes to choose from

If I didn't remember wrongly, we basically circled those dishes we wanted on the list on the right.

And boy, I'm telling you, were the food delicious!

I think this noodles is called 车仔面 that's in the name of the diner itself:


The porridge was very nice too, but it was this particular dish we loved:

It was our normal chee cheong fan but with these balls that I forgot were made of what. The balls are chewy and really addictive. It was drenched with some sort of curry which was not too spicy. Really fantastic. I'm drooling even thinking about it.

Day 2 - Night walk

This whole area is actually sloping upwards.


Many overhanging signs

You can never be too far from home:


Policeman

I took ages trying to take a clear shot of this policeman. Gave up in the end.

Clubs and pubs lining the sides

Policeman entering club/pub:

Wonder what happened.


Sloping upwards (Kim and Pearl on the right)

Erm, for some reason this set of railing was crooked and leaning to the left while the slope was sloping upwards to the right:

Roland posing for me

Oh by the way, it was quite cold and we were dressed in jackets, jeans and shoes but Roland here lasted the whole day in shirt, shorts and slippers. He was probably a heat generator in his past life.

Along the uphill street was the World's longest escalator - 800m and broken into sections where roads run through:

Escalator, with slope on right and in the background various other sections of the escalator


You can see that the escalator steps are really shallow, unlike most of the escalators in Singapore simply because of distance over which the street slopes upward. I found them interesting anyway.

And we climbed up all that slope just for this:

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts shop

It's not available in Singapore. Frankly, that was the first time I ate a fancy doughnut from a famous store. Feel so suaku (mountain pig).

Krispy Kreme's very big plastic bag, spanning across the width of the space between 2 seats on the coach, kindly held by Pearlin

Beside the shop, flats stood:


Heading down the slope:

Melodie

Bus stop

Very familiar, isn't it? I remember at this point Pearlin was fed up with me for stopping and taking so many pictures and I was fed up at everybody because I couldn't take good pictures. =P

We went back to hotel, exhausted.

Part 1
Part 2

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went to that krispy kreme shop too. hehe.

oh do u know that there are some 'stations' likeaxs machines where u can tap the Octopus card and u can get a rebate? ppl wil jus tap their card whnever they walk past lor.

so cool right? singapore shd have. then we can all queue up for it. haha. n bring all our famiy members' cards to tap also. HAHA.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger tstar said...

I've never heard of the card before you talked about it!
Interesting! haha, then can we stand there and keep tapping? then in the end everything is free?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home