Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Chocolates & seeds

Wow. Nearly 2 weeks of not stepping out of my house and Hougang Mall has already been painted a grey, orange and red colour. The only reason I stepped out of the house today was because I ran out of red ink for my mindmaps so I had no choice but to head out to buy. While I was there, I thought I'd check out the chocolates. Alright, chocolate #3! So I was down at NTUC again, in that familiar aisle. Since we're not exactly in the best of financial status right now, I picked Delfi's Choco Mini, a small packet (like a cigarette packet) that costs $0.80.

It's addictive. Then again, I find almost all sweets addictive. Anyway it's chocolate coated and has a centre that I don't know how to describe. The centre's white in colour and if you suck it long enough, it becomes soft. On the box it says "assorted" but I don't really know why it's there because apart from the slightly varying sizes of the small chocolates in the box, everything tastes the same. Maybe they meant assorted colours and sizes...

If you are looking for something small and crunchy so that you can pop into your mouth easily, you can consider it. I think a lot of people have eaten Choco Mini before, but have you tried sunflower seeds coated in chocolate? Ok, I think a lot of people have tried that before also, but I don't know where can buy. I only know the shop below my house sells it for $0.80 and I only knew of the existence of it when my sister bought it once. =D I absolutely love it! It's very tiny, colourful and tastes nice because of the mix of sunflower seeds and chocolate. Very easy to finish though and in my opinion, a bit expensive for something like that.

Seeds reminds me of durian seeds. Have you all eaten durian seeds before? I have! No, I don't have metal teeth and I didn't lose any teeth. Try boiling those seeds and then, if I don't remember wrongly, peel off the outer skin and eat the inside. It's delicious! Can't remember what it tastes like, though. Hehz, haven't eaten some in a long while.

Actually I feel like trying the new flavours that kit-kat has, but it's darn expensive at $6 plus, although it's quite a long packet. And there's that minty chocolate as well.

-------------------
Olivia's birthday is coming up and we have a BBQ this coming Saturday evening. Will have to get her something soon. Saturday's my first paper as well, so wish me luck!

-------------------
If you all read the article on 4 out of 10 bursaries in NUS being given to foreign students, it'd be nice to know what you all thought about it. There are some parts in the article that I really, really do NOT like.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home