Monday, January 08, 2007

First day of school

First day of school and all we lack are shoes from Bata.

It's a long entry ahead, so I highlighted the few words that summarize each paragraph. Take your pick as to which to read.

We found our way around Engineering alright. In fact we could see the building before we were 100 metres from it. CW happily told me that level 6 is the same level as the canteen. He must have been ogling at girls the whole 1.5 years he's been there because level 6 is 4 whole levels above canteen level. Engineering people are really very lucky. They have lifts located at easily found places to bring them up to the desired level. Science also not bad. Arts... Let's just say it's lucky I like climbing stairs and if you need the lift, happy finding one and then happy finding your way around after that. Lecture class was superbly small, I like. =) By the way, although this classroom we had was different from the one I was in last semester, it is still very nice, being carpeted and having nice chairs attached to each other and arranged in a row - neat. Don't remember Arts having carpeted rooms except for the LTs. Luckily we don't have because I think I saw a patch of dried vomit on the carpet today.

Saw another of my friend seated in front of me and I almost wanted to giggle out loud. Last last semester we had 2 same modules and every time he comes into the lecture theatre, the seats he pick are always near my friend and I. Even if his friends (a whole bunch of them) are the ones who come into the LT first, somehow we always end up seating near each other and now, we're taking the same module again. Luckily I like this guy, man, though I thought he looked better with the short spiky hair he once had.

Had lunch with Yan Wei and his friends. I didn't eat anything. Spent the entire 0.5 hour looking around nervously before noticing the time and jumping up. I've never liked being in Engine canteen. The place makes me extremely nervous.
Since arts canteen is closed for renovation, they suspected that half of the people in the canteen were from Arts because well, engineering students can never dress that well. I didn't say anything because I think I'd have fitted in perfectly without anybody suspecting that I wasn't from that faculty and also because heh, I think so too. Saw this guy whose hair was so messy it was obvious he just got out of bed a few moments ago. For goodness sake, at least comb your hair! I desperately wanted to go up to him and comb it for him or even better, shave it for him. In any case I won't be eating there unless absolutely necessary.

I hate selling thick textbooks. Today I lugged my physics text to school and the buyer told me that he/she is sick and can't meet me today. I almost puked then. So I lugged the heavy text back home, with 4 new crumpled pages.

The weather is horrible. Last night I couldn't sleep properly at all and ended up drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness or mostly lingering between the two for most of the 7 hours. Woke up somewhere halfway through the night to find myself drenched in perspiration then came to complete consciousness this morning to find an aching neck. Then just now in the afternoon thought that I'd pass out while walking home.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home