Wednesday, January 24, 2007

LT13 for the upteenth time...

I love school so much that I only reached home at 10pm today.

As if! This evening attended Exxonmobil's Campus Concert again. This time round it's GENUS (NUS's Guitar Ensemble). If all you know about guitar is strumming and then singing a tune with it, you probably know very little about it - like me. The guitars were amazing! Never thought a guitar ensemble could sound so... sweet, pretty, tingling, exquisite, tiny, huge, loud... The only time before I heard a guitar ensemble was in AJ I think, and I don't exactly remember them.

This man sat beside me in the concert. I was wondering if he'd start talking to me because he has that aura around him that whispers "I am a very vocal person and I will talk to you". True enough, he started talking to me, a little chat before the concert starts. I'm not very good at small talk, but he told me that he used to teach at SMU (he was a professor/lecturer) but don't anymore because it's very tiring, the class too large. He also said that he's there to watch because his son is in the ensemble and was the ex-president of it. So everytime he plays, they'll make an effort to attend his concerts. I thought that was really sweet .

By the way, GENUS is made up of mainly alumni members and have only 3 undergraduates. They're also having their annual concert sometime in March and tickets cost only $9 or $11. There's also a 20% early bird discount if you get a ticket before 31st January. You might want to keep a lookout for it. Can't remember the date, sorry. Interested maybe can just tell me? I'll check it out for you.

So if you haven't heard a guitar ensemble before, you might want to give it a shot!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home