Sunday, January 28, 2007

Marriage

Ming Zhu, Baoling, friend and I were talking today when the topic turned to marriage.

"Marry after 26," they say. Apparently it's supposed to be better for us or something because it seems like a lot of their friends went to have their fortune told and they were told to marry after that age. MZ doesn't want to marry after 26, she wants to marry before that. "In 2 to 3 years," she told us. As for BL, her boyfriend has already asked her to marry him, asking her when will she be willing to marry him. She told us she has no plans to get married yet. Seriously, I am very shocked when we were talking about marriage because it seems so far away. I still seem like a kid and my friends are getting married in a few years - that thought is unfathomable. I can't imagine them walking down the aisle in a wedding gown, introducing their boyfriends as their husbands and having a kid. It all seems so old... it's in the realm called "for the adults". We're not that old yet. There are so much to do, so much to see! We're so young and they're thinking of marriage, thinking of buying a flat, thinking of the wedding dinner (or buffet), thinking of house furniture. I have never even had a boyfriend and they are going to get married! When I think of going to my friend's wedding dinner or ceremony or whatever, I wanted to cry and I almost did. Not sure why either, I just felt happy and sad and amazed and surprised all at the same time.

On a side note, I cannot imagine myself getting married. Just cannot imagine. Goodness, I don't even envision myself being attached! This is so crazy! I'm too young, man. Need to grow up faster. No, no, scratch that. No need to grow up so fast. I like being young.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home