Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nicholas's 21st birthday

Nicholas's 21st birthday today at Aloha Resorts, one of the bungalows near Changi Hospital. You know, the one that is rumored to be haunted. *shudders* Even talking about it freaks me out a little.

The moment Jeremy and I reached there, Nicholas's father called for him, telling us that his friends (us) have arrived. He hasn't changed much, the same hair, the same look, darn, I think he's even wearing the same spectacles! Well, I am too. =) Anyway we spotted Yee Heng and Zhiwei sitting at the table right in front of the door so we joined them for food. The 4 of us ended up sitting at the same spot and playing cards the entire 3 hours, except for when we had to sing the birthday song. Poor birthday boy was exhausted running around and playing host. I thought you were supposed to enjoy your 21st birthday celebration, not tire yourself out. The food wasn't too bad though. I liked the éclairs, really liked it. It was also fun talking to the 3 guys, who (thank goodness) didn't talk too much about army stuff or something because I really wouldn't know what they were saying. A lot of lame stuff being passed around, but then with Jeremy and Yee Heng, there has always been a lot of lame stuff. Even on the bus there was constant chatter. Apologetically, I was cursing quite animatedly throughout the card game, purely by habit, not because I was pissed or irritated but I realized it might have been a little too much.

I knew Nicholas during JC. We were in band for the first 3 months and also after that so we were quite familiar with each other when new members came in. There was a period of time when things between us was slightly more than friends. He was attached at that point and I was very aware, but somehow I think we were kind of attracted to each other. Maybe it was because at that time he had just known me for not too long, found me interesting (wow?) and so it went that way. There was a bit of flirting between us I think, but I could also feel the attraction at that point. It didn't last long though. It's quite normal I guess because when you are at that age, you know, you are very eager. =D It's quite amusing when you think of it. However, may I stress the fact that it is all a very long time ago and we're now friends who rarely keep in touch. The only thing that might be disturbing was the fact that I didn't feel guilty that I flirted with him though I was fully aware of his status. I still don't feel guilty now either and probably won't if anything like that happened with anybody else in future.

In any case it has been fun meeting them again. I laughed a lot, laughed whole-heartedly and was really happy. Do you think he'll bother about that? Don't know, kind of hope that he will, kind of hope that he won't, knowing that he won't ask and that nothing will happen either.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home