Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Withdrawal

Today is tiring. Today is also a scary day. Perhaps I should put it more clearly. Last night was a scary night. I have asked my mother before what if I don't want to study anymore. She said very calmly that it is my choice. So last night I made my choice.

I searched NUS website and found the relevant form and downloaded it. Then I read whatever I could of what to do. It is a very tricky matter, this thing, because of the problem with school fees. Do I have to pay the full semester or up to what I have studied or do I not need to pay at all? Apparently it says that after the 2nd week of University, I'm liable to pay fees for the whole of the semester. There are other problems like my tuition fee loan and I'm still not sure what to do with it. I thought that the school will probably inform the bank or something. Maybe I'd better head down to the bank to clarify.

So last night I printed out the form (my family just got a printer - what a waste, since I won't be using it anymore) and filled out what was necessary. I recorded the location of FASS's Dean's Office in my phone. I tucked the form into my file, put it into my bag along with my jacket, pencil case, wallet and (haha) NUSSU diary. I double-checked that my matriculation card was in my wallet because I was to hand it in together with my form. I know I will miss my matriculation card. My ez-link isn't a problem, that is to be dealt with at the TransitLink office. Life's going to be difficult without concession. Then I went to sleep.

Today there was supposed to be a lecture at 12pm but I missed that. What is the point? I took the bus at about 3pm. I knew I still had time on the bus to change my mind but I fell asleep on the bus anyway. Bus rides always makes me drowsy. I reached school at 4+ and knew I had to hurry, I didn't know if office closes at 5 or 5.30pm. I headed straight to AS7 via the computer lab and took the lift to the 5th level. Uncertainty. Who would I meet? It was a lady there. I told her my motive, dug out my form and removed my card then handed it to her. She told me I would receive the confirmation letter in about 3 weeks. She asked me some questions, mainly to make sure that I know I have to pay the fees and I asked her some of my own questions. I realize I don't really remember her answers now because I was far too nervous then. When it was done, I took the bus home from Kent Ridge Terminal. Everything is in order and now there is only one problem left.



I never printed out the form, never filled it up and never went to the Dean's Office. Gotcha.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

8 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger xxoos said...

i was just talking to a couple of friends about the issue of taking leave of absence. some people, quite good students, take leave of absence as a break in studies. maybe to rejuvenate themselves or just to have a rest from studying. it isn't really something that difficult, besides, it's only one semester.

i don't know if you're really thinking about taking taking leave of absence, so i just want to say, it's really not that big an issue actually.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger tstar said...

actually i didn't even know about the idea until i was doing research for this entry.
maybe for some it's good coz they've been studying really hard but i haven't really been studying, so not much of a use. no, i wasn't thinking of taking leave of absence, though thinking about it now it sounds quite good.
but if i take, i'll graduate a sem later and parents will nag, not to mention u'll be abt half a yr behind in looking for a job...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger xxoos said...

being half a year behind in looking for jobs might not be that bad an idea, at least there isn't the jostling for jobs with thousands other fresh graduates...
it's how one sees the picture~

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger tstar said...

half a cup full or half cup empty huh...

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger stephanie said...

omgg haha steph, u scared me!!!
haha i was like !!!! -_- slap u lah. give me a scare at 2am in the morning

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger tstar said...

1) you are supposed to be asleep at 2am;

2) haha, it was meant to scare people =D

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

hahaha dont forget, i am an owl! i don't sleep until in the morning de la. hahaha u rly did scare me. BADDD girl.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha, can you turn your head 180 degrees??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home