Sunday, February 11, 2007

Baking - nostalgic

Reminded by SH's entry. What's a CNY cake anyway? I've never seen or heard of it.

Back when there was an oven at my house, we used to bake pineapple tarts before Chinese New Year. It was dreadfully tiring with baking sessions lasting well into the early morning (read 2 to 3am) but lots of fun. Sometimes my mother and I would fall asleep at the kitchen table while baking. I liked molding the dough, putting the pineapple filling onto the dough or into it and brushing the entire thing with egg yolk. I think it's egg yolk. It's been years since I last came into contact with an oven, not to say bake something.

When we moved back into this house, I thought we'd have an oven again. I love ovens. When I have my own place, I'll put one in. Anyway we don't have one at our house now and I was disappointed. So there is to be no baking of tarts this new year. Really miss it.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home