Monday, February 05, 2007

I just don't get it

I don't understand how can people be so nice and unselfish.

How can they still sound so normal when accepting payment from a person? As if they aren't thinking "Yay! My money! Quick, hand it over!"

How can people still smile and say thank you after a criticism? How can they sound so sincere about it?
I understand that constructive criticisms should be appreciated, but don't they feel a bit angry/pissed/repulsive when somebody criticise them? Sometimes I do, especially when it's on something I am really concerned about or have a really strong stand on. Sometimes I don't even realize that my stand is flawed and wholeheartedly believe otherwise. Sometimes I get pissed off and after that I need to wash my mouth. Most of the time I know that there is an another side, but sometimes I'm just too stubborn. Is this stubbornness really bad? My mother used to say that if I behave the way I do, nobody will want to be my friend, nobody will like me and I'll never get married, which would make me really really mad again. Well, I have friends and I think people are reasonably okay with me.

How can people apologize when others create trouble for them? I simply don't get it. Let's say that you're offering a service and something goes wrong but the fault didn't originate from you, how can you apologize? That day I was at ping.sg and there was something wrong with the layout on my screen. It never occurred to me that it was because of my computer's resolution and thought that it's because the website worked best in IE or something, so I just asked and it turns out that it WAS because of my resolution. The odd thing is that Uzyn apologized for it and I was... alarmed. I don't understand why he should apologize when the problem was from my computer. Basically, I don't understand how or why people can bring themselves to apologize for something that isn't their fault. You know what's really ironic? I apologize way too much. Even Jeremy, my friend who used to apologize way too much, is telling me that. It isn't that I want to, it's just that I really feel that some things are my fault. I feel that there are some stuff that apologies will never suffice but apologies are all that I can offer and so I apologize again and again. Then I feel guilty about apologizing and apologize again... Vicious cycle.

8am again tomorrow.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home