Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Earthquake

Apparently there were two earthquakes in Padang, Indonesia this afternoon.

Singaporeans experienced two rounds of tremors in the space of two hours on Tuesday, following two earthquakes in Padang, Indonesia.

Singapore's Meteorological Services Division said the first tremors were felt at about 11.50am after an earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale struck Padang on the island of Sumatra.

The second round of tremors occurred around 1.50pm after another earthquake, also measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale, struck Padang.
Taken from Channel News Asia. Read it here.

Argh, I missed detecting this earthquake despite me being in school and hearing that others have felt it. Even Ngee Ann Polytechnic was evacuated. I really don't know how come I didn't feel anything. The last time there was an earthquake I think in Indonesia a few years back and the tremors were felt in Singapore, I was sound asleep and my mother thought my snoring was shaking the bed. I never woke up to join in the excitement though. Today at about the time the tremors in Singapore were reported, I was in Macdonald's and I certainly didn't feel anything. Of course it could have been because I was too absorbed in reading my book. Hmm, later in the LT I thought I did feel some trembling, could it have been it?? Or was it some handphone vibrating...

Well there was another tremble that I was absolutely certain of - my stomach's. I went to the toilet during break time thinking I would take a piss but ended up spending 10 minutes inside, letting the *ahem* flow out. Anyway this is not the point of this post.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home