Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ping.sg meetup #2

Almost didn't turn up for ping.sg's 2nd meetup because of the panic induced while looking at the amount of work I have to conquer. I even informed Uzyn that I would not be going but was convinced by him otherwise. So I went, and I was horribly late, which was perfect. I'll explain why.

Slight diversion. Realized yesterday that I didn't remove the umbrella for airing after the last usage during a rainy day and it stank horribly. Was wondering yesterday what was that stench, went home then realized it's my umbrella. Hopefully the others didn't sniff it. =P

Throughout the journey to Holland V yesterday, I was seriously wondering if Ridz would wear his army uniform after his twitter informed us that he would. Actually I wasn't doubting that he would wear, but it would still make an impact.
Ridz is a ping.sg user. Cut things short, he said he would wear camouflage cream if I turned up for the meet, because I like guys in army uniform, specifically number 4. Read here for the conversation on wearing uniform/cream to the meetup. I don't specifically remember how of all people it is Ridz who has to wear it.

So I happily entered Essential Brew last night, a little nervous. Spotted them, removed my shoes, walked in happily, saw Uzyn, recognized DK, waved a little hi and then through the blur of my dry lens, saw something green.

I cursed. Twice.

From ntt,

Taking a page from chillycrap’s blog… Here is the quote of the day..

Oh Shit!

- tstar (when she saw ridz84 wearing uniform at the ping.sg meetup)

(Link)

Ridzuan really wore his uniform.

They took that picture while I was frozen on the spot, grinning like an idiot and folding my umbrella. See why I said it was perfect I came late?

I did ask Ridz while seated if I could touch his uniform and he was laughing like crazy. Really really really wanted to run my hands over it, but it would be too embarrassing and not really nice, so I didn't. Darn.

Ordered Grilled Dory with Oolong Sauce (I think that's the name) and I didn't regret my choice. The fish was tender and the sauce on the small portion of rice was unique, like tea made into sauce. Lovely.

From left: DK, Uzyn, me, Ridz, Kevin, ntt.

Kevin and ntt left not long after I arrived.

Rinaz and ClappingTrees came soon after and they squished themselves into the much smaller space behind the table, against the wall. =D They are really very nice people and we chatted quite amiably. Glad, surprised and relieved that there was no awkward silence or anything. In fact, there was much laughter going around. Eastcoastlife came much later with her husband.

From left: Ebie (co-owner of Essential Brew), Uzyn, Clappingtrees, Rinaz, me, Ridz, eastcoastlife, dk

Desserts were on the house, courtesy of Ebie.

Strawberry Panna Cotta

Plateau Serenade

Names of desserts gotten off eastcoastlife.
Desserts were marvelous! I especially like the first one. First taste a bit like medicine, but the pudding below the strawberry was lovely.

What do bloggers do when they see beautiful food? They do what bloggers do best - take pictures to be posted on their blogs later. We were laughing at the scene of everybody whipping out their cameras to take pictures of the desserts. Although I have a 3.2 megapix camera, I also happen to be a very horrible photographer. Somehow my pictures were blur. Doesn't matter, the rest take nice pictures can already. =)

Then everybody attacked the dish on Uzyn's count of 3.

Left at 10.30pm. 3 hours sure flew. It has been quite some time since I felt that time passed so fast. On the way down I kind of got a feel of the uniform, a tiny little bit of it between my fingers. Ridz was saying that next time my brother's in the army, I can feel the uniform. But it's not the uniform only that I want. Somebody must be wearing the uniform and I want to run my hand over the entire *ahem* body mah! How can I molest my brother, right? =D
A few of us, including me, went home while the rest went to Starbucks for coffee. Coffee addicts, those! =D

It was a wonderful evening. Very long never felt so happy already. Glad I went and I sure don't regret spending that few hours! Thanks for the time, people! =)

Other accounts:
DK
eastcoastlife
rinaz
ntt
ClappingTrees
Uzyn (on ping.sg blog)

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home