Monday, May 14, 2007

Dinner, movie and chats with 2 persons

Met a friend last night for dinner, movie and some chit chatting.

Frankly, before meeting him, I was already frustrated because I was running around trying to find Cineleisure. Yes, I forgot where it was despite having gone there for lunch at least twice during a working stint. I don't frequent Orchard often. In fact, I don't frequent anyplace except my home often. Then I walked back to the MRT station to meet him because I thought he'd be taking the train. So I went down the escalator and walked to the gates, only to receive an SMS from him that he'll be arriving by cab, which means I have to walk all the way up again. So I walked the route for what was the third time and stood outside, watching a girl skate at the park there, lusting over her and feeling quite pissed off. The thing is that it was not actually his fault at all, just that the walking in my probably-lesser-than-one-inch heels and perspiring got me quite agitated.

Dinner was alright and Spider-man 3 was awesome. Love the action and the way they cried at the end. The plot was well-written, everything had an opening and an ending. You didn't have to watch the first two shows to understand what was happening, there was fantastic action, the presence of bad characters (sandman and that er, black spiderman-look-alike thing), good characters, complicated friendships and relationships and morals being taught - that the good wins over evil and love conquers all. Despite that I thought it was a good show, in fact I had the distinct feeling that I was watching a half hour cartoon show on TV where they try to squeeze everything in in an effort to teach kids what is right or wrong. Maybe there was too much ground to cover in 140 minutes, but I can't say that it was badly done because I came out feeling nice and glowy all over and with my face wet. There was definitely a complete closure to things.

Put simply, Spider-man 3 is a simple show, easily understood yet with a complication within. It is simple because you can basically understand what is going on without having to watch 1 and 2, yet complicated because this episode is really built on the past two shows. Perhaps to fully understand and feel everything, you have to have recently watched Spider-man 1 and 2. Spider-man 3 is really the closure to the whole series, which is the main reason for why it's simple. All the complications and fantastic emotions, I feel, are in 1 and 2. I think that is why my friend felt that it wasn't such a good show until the ending.

After the movie we walked until we found Coffee Bean then had a drink and chatted. Ironically, none of our drinks were coffee-based. It was fun chatting with him for at least 2 hours straight. I hope Ridz don't mind that my date tonight was not him. =D

The funny thing is I reached home close to 12 midnight and about 40 minutes later, I was on the phone with Ridz himself. I don't know how we did it but we chatted until 2.30am. Uzyn was asking why is the chat not on ridzstar channel for the subscribers. Ridz said because sounds cannot be transmitted through twitter. I just said we deserve some privacy. The result of it? I woke up this morning with a neck ache and arm ache. Ok, I was just kidding, the aches had nothing to do with Ridz. So... do you all think he was jealous? =D Talk about revenge for him trying to do the same to me.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

6 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, why were u lusting over someone who was blading??

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger tstar said...

because she is nicely tanned brown and the only girl there...

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

you n ridz can really yak! tsk tsk tsk....

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger tstar said...

ecl: eh, u and dk yakked for 8 hours leh!! =D

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger DK said...

We diff mah.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger tstar said...

-_-'''

 

Post a Comment

<< Home