Thursday, May 31, 2007

Geek Terminal launch party

Headed down to geek terminal's launch yesterday after work. Ping.sg was, if I'm not wrong, kind of invited there. Since my colleague, this guy from NUS who was also working temporarily there, was free, I invited him along. Met Hendri waiting for Nicole outside Geek Terminal.

I registered with no problems but the ladies at the registering table asked my friend to write down his name and company on a piece of card. They thought he was working at some company and we were both equally confused as to why he needed to write his details down. Finally told them that he is just my friend and got the confusing and embarrassing moment past.

This is my first time at a launch party, any launch party. The food is nice as well as the wine. Not much experience in red wine but I like the fact that it wasn't hard to drink like some which has a kind of weird ('siap siap' in hokkein) taste. Also the first time I tasted champagne. I think I like it a lot better.

Food is very nice too, but a bit wasted they don't serve their own food. It was catered.

On the morning of the launch, Class 95 was at Geek Terminal doing a live broadcast. Was a little weird to hear about somewhere you've been to talked about on the radio. And there really is a fax-and-copier machine at that place! I was staring at it when there.

There was a young and cute waitress and an equally cute waiter. Kept thinking, "smile at the waiter, smile at the waiter, he'll smile back at you," so I smiled at him and he really smiled back at me.

Lina Ng is the emcee of the night. Yes, Lina Ng the (ex) actress. Friend and I were surprised at how well she spoke English and that she has such a nice voice.

Drank 2 glasses of red wine and champagne each. Told Adrian it is because I am deprived of alcohol for the past 20 years. Some say I drank a lot. Not sure how I was supposed to be feeling after drinking that amount though. Thought I felt normal.

Colleague is really very lame. Stuck to him almost the entire time there because
1) he is my guest;
2) I feel more comfortable with him.

Highlights of the night:
1) Danny went back to the counter to make coffee after a while. You could see the coffee addicts (of ping.sg) crowding around the counter after that and the happy glow radiating from their faces at the sight of Danny at the counter. I bet the plants near them were starting to bloom;
2) A lot of pingsters won prizes from the lucky draw;
3) Adrian's banana cake for Uzyn and Ridzuan's birthday was very nice. Somebody said the banana is thick and long enough.

Celebrated Uzyn and Ridzuan's birthday at some area somewhere, then convinced my mother to let me stay out late. Of course it is also an unspoken agreement that she is entitled to SMS me after 1am to make me feel so guilty about staying out that I will go home earlier. Colleague went home without me noticing. I hope the name card thing was the worst thing that he experienced last night. He said the pingsters were cool people =)

Hung out with Uzyn, DK, NTT, Ridzuan, CJ and some-guy-whose-name-is-Peter at TCC until it was closing. Was exhausted by the time we left TCC and was trying to keep conversation to a minimum. Not that I talked a lot before that. Mostly listened. It is fun listening. At one point it seemed like they were quarreling. It is more fun than watching TV. Was irritated by Peter who was asking me introductory questions. Think I made it clear that I did not want to speak. Took cab home with NTT. Reached home at 2am. Came online, got hooked on Questionable Content. Eye lids started twitching. Went to bed.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home