Monday, July 16, 2007

Inertia

I can't remember if it was something I used to tell somebody or it was something that somebody used to tell me, but it went something like this,

Others can help to build you up, but they can also knock you down. Only you can keep yourself up.

Oh I checked. I told this to somebody after he wrote a depressing post,

If you don't help yourself, nobody can. An outsider can build up your confidence, then crush it again. Only you can maintain it.

I asked my friend the other day, 我有回头路吗? Of course, he replied. But what I do, what I did, won't it be always be there? He couldn't reply.

I asked myself, if I could, would I change anything, would I do anything differently?

No, I won't do anything differently, because this is what makes me. Because mistakes as they are, I treasure and honor them. For now I have caught a glimpse of what things could be. Anyway if I were to be able to turn back time, I would still possess the same mindset I had than, and if I have the same mindset, how am I to know how things would turn out, how am I to know what I do not want?
I am still learning, I am still in the process of knowing what I want and do not want. Unfortunately, I am immensely curious about how things will turn out if I do things the way I do. There is also a familiar sense of inertia, knowing that this is something I have to go through and at the end of it, I will understand certain things better. Yet there is also my intuition which is urging me down another path, but I cannot tell if this intuition is only another part of this inertia or a totally different thing.

And if others cannot accept what I did or am doing, I will not blame them because to each his own. If they judge me as cheap then so be it and I will remember it. But this is me and I cannot reject myself. I know it is only a matter of time.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

- Rocky Balboa

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

tstar,
You should know my story. Nothing can beat me. I will hit them back. Be strong dear. Only when you believe in yourself and face them squarely, then you can overcome anything.

I love you for your cool-headedness.

Come and get your award from my latest post! ^-^

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

Hey there!! so sorry that i could not offer any words of comfort or something cos i am also in a mess myself now..

Anyway,as what I would always say, "Gambatte!!" (^_^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home