Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Year 2 for 3 semesters

Was doing the Module Preference Exercise (MPE) today. It is a system where FASS students state what FASS modules we would like to take and we would be pre-allocated those modules whose supply (number of seats available) is more than demand (number of people who wants the module). Since supply is usually never more than demand in Psychology, I do not usually get pre-allocated modules.

The first page after I sign in tells us the details of the exercise. At the bottom it states that one will only be promoted to the respective course code only if one obtains the minimum number of MCs.


Thus for me, I would need a minimum of 80MCs to technically be a year 3 student. Unfortunately, a failed module last semester rendered me 4 MCs short of being promoted to Year 3. Therefore in the eyes of NUS, I am still a year 2 student.

Note the ARS2.

Not only that, but I am a Year 2 semester 1 student. If I pass all my 6 modules this semester, I would jump directly to Year 3 semester 2, which means that I would never have year 3 semester 1 on my records, unless of course I fail another module this semester, go on to Year 2 sem 2 and then in my 4th year be termed as a Year 3 sem 1 and then if I pass everything, skip all the way to Year 4 sem 2.

I find it quite hilarious. Imagine somebody asking me which year I am in now.

Well, I have been in NUS for 2 years and this is my 3rd year, but technically I am still a Year 2 student in her 1st semester of studies.

In a way I have just went back an entire year. After the initial panic, a calmness settled over me. For some reason, it is like I have dropped out of the race (or falling back, whichever you prefer) and there is a sudden lack of pressure and rush from the race against my other course mates. It is comforting.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home