Saturday, August 18, 2007

Girlfriend

Was out with Pearlin and LY yesterday afternoon. It felt damn good to be out of the house and hanging out with them. Never thought I'd actually enjoy just being out of the house. Besides, yesterday was also one of the most surprising/shocking/funniest day for me in a while.

I saw my brother and the-girl-whom-he-denies-is-his-girlfriend at a food court.

I saw him about 10 metres away and decided to call his phone.

me: Are you at Parco Bugis now?
him: How you know?!
me: Are you at the foodcourt now?
him: Where are you?!
me: Are you in front of the Korean cuisine?
him: Where are you???!!!

He spotted me after I gave him directions on where to look and I started waving frantically in the middle of the crowd at him.

me: So she's your girlfriend ah?
him: uh aiya hmm hmm *makes some sounds here and there*
Repeats these 2 lines several times, punctuated with him telling me sheepishly to shut up and at one point asking if I'm with my boyfriend. Tsk, him ah, should know that I have a little (more than him anyway =P) bit more experience in denying stuff like this and making it seem as natural as anything. Was with Pearl though, so no need to act here.
him: You don't tell mummy (that I'm out with her/have a girlfriend) ah!
me: Did you tell mummy that you're going out or not?
him: Oh shit, I forgot leh!
me: You better call her and tell her lor.
him: You don't tell mummy ah!!!!

After which he disappeared from the crowd, presumably to eat somewhere else where he can hold her hand without his elder sister's constant gaze burning holes through them. Tsk, brought her home twice already and still deny she's his girlfriend. Then I started imagining my brother kissing the girl... I think I sat there for a while with my face all scrunched up at that mental image. My little brother grow up liao. Amazing, shocking, surprising, all at the same time.

I then told Pearlin that I hope they don't break up before A-levels. Of course it'd be good if they don't break up at all because the girl seems like a nice person.

Great, now relatives will ask me the reason for the absence of a strong, macho male (who'd probably crush me when he lies atop me) at my side when my brother now has a cute and dainty female with him.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home