Sunday, October 14, 2007

Night out - meeting Nasrul

The first thing NTT said on MSN when I came online was,

oooo, somebody had a hot date?

Considering that the car I was in last night had the air-conditioner on and the night air was not at a temperature of 30 degree celsius, no, I would not say it was a hot date.

Before anything, I have to say hi to Nasrul first.

HELLO! YOU READ MY BLOG!

Received a surprise SMS last night from Nasrul when I was having dinner with my family at the mall, saying that he was bored and asking if I wanted to go out for a ride. It isn't often that my friends as me to go out at night because they have either been rejected too many times to know that I would usually prefer home at that time, or they know that my parents would violently object to me going out. I'm a (mostly) filial girl, ok.

I was all ready to reject him and go home to face the Adolescent Psychology critique assignment due on Wednesday (which I still have not properly analyzed), but then thought that since I have already wasted the whole of the day so far, why not go all the way. It's going to be more hectic weeks ahead anyway. My critique can wait.

So I told my parents in a non-serious tone that my friend asked me out and surprisingly, they told me to go ahead. I was so surprised I asked if it's for real. Of course then came the questions of who is it, is it you-know-who, is it a guy or a girl, is it Chinese or Malay or Indian.

The most amusing question has got to be the ethnicity one. When my mother asked if it's "that Indian boy who came to your birthday", I wanted to roll on the floor and laugh my guts out. My mother actually asked if it's NTT I'm going out with. FYI, no, it was not him I went out with.

And yes, my parents are concerned that I might be dating a guy of another ethnicity and of another nationality. Yes, there is negative stereotyping occurring here.

At some point I told them that it's a Malay male friend I'm going out with and immediately they both changed their minds about letting me go out. Mum uttered something along the lines of,

You so naive ah! See you so blur blur one!

and when she knew it was a guy,

Don't let the boy *makes faces indicating kissing and touching*

Let's just say that in the end I did not tell them clearly I was still going out.

Nasrul drove over in this fantastic Fiat Grande Punto their family had rented for Hari Raya. It was spacious and smelt like how new cars should smell.

It was about 9.40pm.

Then we drove around aimlessly. Headed towards Punggol End but somehow made a turn somewhere and ended up back at my place - a complete circle. Finally decided to head down to the airport, but we took about an hour to get there when we could have been there in 20 minutes. I'm terrible at roads, which explains why we were going round and round in circles. When we were finally in the vicinity of the airport, Nas drove into Terminal 3 which was open but not operationalized.

Was stopped at a road-block and he was asking the police there how to get to the road at the back of the airport. Was told we had to make a U-turn and go out, which we tried to, but reached a fantastic dead-end inside of the terminal, turned around and drove against the non-existent traffic for a bit before we he decided that the man probably meant driving back to him, in the opposite direction.

Pick-up area of Terminal 3

Nasrul was saying they might have gotten people to come and search for us because we were lost inside for quite some time. Heh, there were policemen on motorcycles at the roadblock when we were finally back there.

So after more turning around and going away to Loyang, seeing a transvestite and heading back to the airport in another direction, we finally reached that road at the back of the airport where the runway is, after 1.5 hours in the car. We parked beside a car which had 2 window shades up and I was trying to look in to see what they were doing. They were just looking at planes though. Nas speculated that they were going to do something before we turned up.

And I realized that at some point, we were facing away from the runway because we were trying to give the couple in that other car some private space. -_-'''

Had an enjoyable talk with him and it was only during this time that I realized he reads my blog and has been doing so for approximately the past one year after he, get this, googled my blog. Was in slight shock after that. It was also then that I realized it has been that long since we knew each other, but only now that we have actually met up. At some point he asked wasn't I afraid of meeting him, that he might be some sort of bad guy (couldn't catch his words). Maybe I'm just naive enough to trust. We talked till about 12.30, 1am, when my mother finally realized that it was past midnight and I was not home, sent me a SMS telling me the time.

It was a lovely night spent and I'm glad I got my butt out of my house despite feeling sleepy and finally got to meet him. I'm glad that he enjoyed the time too. By the way, I knew him through this audio-video of me singing Sophie B. Hawkins' As I Lay Me Down to Sleep.

To prevent your speakers from destroying themselves, here's the actual song:

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot date minus hot equals date? :p

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger tstar said...

you're nasrul, right? =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home