Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's back to school

Yay! I'm going back to school tomorrow!

Remember when I was in Primary school, school reopening means having to head down to Bata to buy white school shoes. Then we have to pack our schoolbags, but I always pack a lot of stuff inside because I didn't know what would be used. A bit nostalgic.

Cham, now I don't feel like going to school. Want the holiday to last longer. Brother is in his room, relaxing away. Ok, he has to work tomorrow, I think.

-----------------
National University of Singapore (NUS) has changed its president.

President Shih Choon Fong has been named as the Founding President of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and will be leaving National University of Singapore (NUS) at the end of the year...


...“Professor Tan Chorh Chuan will succeed Professor Shih as the next President of the National University of Singapore”...

I must be very ill-read because I don't understand what does the phrase "Founding President" mean. He founded KAUST? Does that mean he will be leave Singapore for Saudi Arabia? Puzzled.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

4 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope it just means he's the first President of the Uni.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger tstar said...

Oh ok... But why..? Somebody from singapore as a president of a university in SA? Does he have to fly there then...

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I presume he has been head-hunted?

He can go by boat or maybe walk overland, but it may take a while, so I guess flying is a more viable option :)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger tstar said...

Wah lao, Laremy!!! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home