Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ruifang's 21st birthday celebration

Attended one of the funniest birthday celebrations yesterday. Ruifang's turning 21 very very soon, in less than a week.

I was the first to arrive there although it was already 15 minutes past meeting time. Ruifang arrived next, sporting a very nice haircut.

"My face look very round hor?! Maybe if I do this then face looks slimmer..."

She asked me to delete the photo above. Hehehe! =P

Very, very slowly, people started to arrive. YZ came from work, in full black attire - Shirt, pants, shoes, blazer, watch, bag, mascara - everything was black.

RF, me, YZ

The red shirt is the gift they got me for my 21st birthday.

8pm. This is about 3/5 of the number of people who were suppose to arrive:


Halfway through conversation, RF's friend-in-striped-tee doing that "what the fuck" hand-sign. Eh I thought this hand sign was only known in ping.sg? Is it universal or something. RF's friend-in-orange-tee posing at the back. I don't know what is Frankie doing.

Frankie, Friend-in-orange-tee, Friend-in-striped-tee

As you would be able to tell, I have since forgotten all their names. Heh. In fact I forgot their names 30 seconds after they told me.

RF's female friend 1, Frankie, Friend-in-orange-tee

Friend-in-striped-tee and RF's female friend 2

I only remember this very pretty girl's name - Amelia.
I think.

Top of Gui Zhi's head

Two of the dishes:
YZ's some-salmon-dish

Her salmon was bigger than mine, so I was warming her dish with my camera flash.

Gui Zhi's some-grilled-dory-thingy

Had some finger food after that while waiting for 4 others to arrive. We couldn't order heavy desserts because there was the cake later on which RF didn't know about. Gui Zhi called the friend-in-orange-tee on the handphone although they were only 2 metres away from each other, to discuss some matters regarding the cake and finger food because they didn't want RF to hear. I was very blur, didn't know the cake was a surprise and was asking why are they talking on the phone.

Finally the staff of essential brew brought the cake up and we started singing only "Ha-------" (pronounced "heh", the first syllable of "happy"). When we lunged into the song, another group of people at the other end of the area started singing with us. Because both our group and their group are situated at extreme ends, it seemed as if the whole level of diners were singing. Oh this group of people is somehow related to our group I suppose. Ruifang and some of them with us knew one of them in the other group.

Immediately after we finished the song for RF, another cake was brought up for another another group of people, tucked away in a little corner. So we sang them a birthday song too. =D

"No no! You must make a wish!"


Hope she had an enjoyable early birthday celebration. Glad that she likes the scarf we got for her.

Cake was fantastic. A layer of chocolate fudge on top.

By the time I finished the cake, I could not stand the air in my stomach (a side-effect of gastric pains) anymore and went to the toilet to let it out and also to shit in the process. By the way, our table was directly in front of the toilet and I kept seeing the inside of the toilet.

And the group of people in the room in Essential Brew were making funny sounds. Male go "woo-woo" then after that a female screamed. People at our table started thinking all over the place. Tsk, young people these days! *shakes head*

----------------
I walked the entire of Vivocity yesterday for 4 hours while waiting for 6pm to come so I could head to Holland V. Legs very tired.

Was Plateau Serenade a dish at Essential Brew? Had it once with pingsters at an outing there, but when I asked them again they say they don't serve the dish. Hmm. Why? For then only?

Holland Road Shopping Centre, though small, has some very nice shops inside. Some of the prices there are slightly lower than other places. Others are not.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger yz said...

my bag was BROWN. tsk!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger tstar said...

oops, yar hor!
same lah same lah! haha!

and i'm surprised ruifang didn't object to that picture at the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home