Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quarrel

I'll never have kids because if I do, I'm sure they'll treat me the way I treat my mom, which isn't very nice. Heh.

Oh I just slammed my room door thrice in a row to piss her off because she said I was being a bad example of a sister. Then I locked my room on the third slam and she banged on the door, telling me that I'm an utter failure.

Well I never said I was successful. I hope my siblings won't turn out like me, man. My brother's fine, a better-tempered person than me, but my sister is exactly like me. Anyway I never said I wanted siblings. One brother 3 years younger than me is fine, but not a sister who's a full 12 years younger than me. The age gap's so big it's utterly horrible. So kids, remember, if you have children, don't ever have them spur-of-the-moment, especially not when the only thing you're thinking of is "I'd better have one more before I can't give birth anymore," and the age gap between your children would be too big. Utterly bad family planning. If my parents had decided to stop at the two of us, my mother would not have been so stressed and we would be one happy family.

And it's bad to come home everyday to hear my mother shouting at my sister over her homework. I can't teach, dammit, I'm bad at it, and I don't like to teach in a different way from my cousin who's currently tutoring my sister - it'd only mess her up some, especially since she's currently not exceptionally good at her work, then we'd all scream more, with my mother certainly saying that I can teach but I don't want to. Fine, I don't want to teach either. I don't like kids.

If you come in at this point now and tell me I have to take care of her because she's my sister, I swear I will sneer at you and ignore delete your comment because I know she's my sister and all the responsibilities/attachment that comes with it, ok.

I seriously need to move out of this home though I love them all. Going to school super early tomorrow before a workshop (in order to avoid seeing my mom) and I need a laptop to do my work because the school's computer labs are not open so early.

I'm so calm I'm amazed at myself.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

6 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame your parents "bad family planning" for this. Is your's the only family with such age gap between kids? I don't think so... There are so many others, and they are doing just fine..

It's impt for all the members of a family to accept each other as they are.. and not try to change them..

And "If my parents had decided to stop at the two of us, my mother would not have been so stressed and we would be one happy family".. really?? Are you so sure?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

*hugs* Me too.. :X

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger tstar said...

ntt: yar lah, i'm just being entirely selfish.

no i'm not sure we'd have been happier.

you aren't in my family, u dunno how it's like. in fact unless u're in a family with kids whose age gap are like us, don't even try to reason with me. i don't wish to compare with other families also. i've had enuf of my parents comparing myself to my other cousins already, thank you very much. i am fully aware i haf a nice family, a nice sister and brother, of all the bad stuff of me, what i need to change and even what's wrong and why this entry is here.

oh nvm, why am i even attempting to explain why i'm writing this post... will take it down later.

talking about this...

alexandra: both of us know what's wrong with both of us, so let's shut up and CHANGE ALREADY =P

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger tstar said...

decided not to take down this post... hehe.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Hendri said...

I suppose it depends on how the personalities of the family members are like. My (elder) brother is 9 years older than my (younger) sister, I'm right smack in the middle.

Granted, we used to quarrel quite a bit (especially me and my brother), until we went our separate ways (my brother is now in Australia, me in Singapore, and my sis back in Indonesia). Only then that we appreciate our presence and get along quite well.

I hope what I just typed makes at least a bit of sense, it's late now and I think I'm a bit incoherent now. :)

Anyway, cheer up! :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger tstar said...

hendri: it's kinda true that it depends on how the personalities are like.

it's nice to know that you and your siblings get along better. i don't think it matters what happened in the past as long as things are better now. and ironically things usually get better with distance coz we aren't there to step on each other's toes... heh. my siblings and i are ok with each other, like we care the asian way - subtly. heh.

anyway you dun sound incoherent and thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home