Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Childish NUS students

I have just met the most childish NUS students ever in my University school days so far. In fact, they are about as childish as secondary school students. Heck, they might be even worse than secondary school students.

There is this group of students in my math tutorial class, sitting on the left side of the tutorial room who keeps talking and talking while the tutor was going through the questions. In fact, the entire left side of the room was buzzing with sound while the right side of the room was quiet. It wasn't the first time this happened. The past few tutorials they were also talking amongst themselves but I just kept quiet and tried to bear with it. At last week's tutorial, I was so irritated I stared at one of the guys until he noticed, but I don't think he really knows why I was staring at him.

At first I thought it might be normal for people in that faculty to talk during their tutorials so I said nothing. After all when in Rome do what the Romans do, right? But then they were so noisy today the tutor had to tell them to stop talking. I have decided that next week if the same thing happen, I'm going to go up to them and request that they stop talking. Or would a loud "shh" be sufficient?

They were so childish I wondered if they are year ones. I'm sure even most year ones behave better than them! Seriously an utter disgrace.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

4 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger stephanie said...

it's the same in my perfume and cosmetics lecture.. the ongoing noise drives me crazy!!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger tstar said...

stephanie: I think it's really rude of people to keep talking in tutorial or lecture... A couple of times to clarify things still ok, but not idle chatting!
Go tell them to keep quiet! You can bang their tables, splash water at them from ur water bottle (and cover them wif ur saliva in the water in the process).. Okok, let's just tell them nicely.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually just tell them, "would you kindly shut up or get out of the class?"

it happened in one of my elective classes before in ntu.

i don't know man, but in NIE we don't talk in class.

oh, it happened in my SHRI class before too.. this couple jus yak yak yak yak yak n the girl was giggling so loudly. i just turned around and said, "excuse me, pls shut up or get out, cos the rest of us want to study."

HAHAHA. such people don't deserve to be talked to in a civilised manner lah. besides. who cares what they think of u? so i say, JUST GO FOR IT BABE! tell them to shut up!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger tstar said...

daphnemaia: wah! you're one fierce kitty!
Glad to know there are people who don't like others talking in class too! of course unless necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home