Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Third paper (3/6)

Third paper just this morning. It was Health Psychology and I'd say the questions are actually very, very doable, which makes competition very, very tough.

It was held in that dreaded Sheares Hall, the one where I walked out of a year ago in the midst of Cognitive Psychology exam, and the one where the exam for the same module was held in again the second time I took it. Needless to say, when I found out last night the exam venue, I took out my notes from my bag and looked through some of it again. This morning, the moment I stepped in there, everything flew out my head. This time round though, I sat down in the canteen and made myself look through all my notes because there was no way I was going to have a repeat of that terrifying episode. Although I was actually very nervous outside the hall, I thankfully calmed down almost immediately when I sat down in seat 77.

See! Even the seat number is against me!

I know it's silly, but in a way I have associated that place with the feeling of "impending doom" and all sorts of weird scenarios go through my mind at rapid pace when I'm there for an exam.

In any case, I don't think I did very well but considering the amount of time I took revising it, which was not a lot, I guess it was alright. Taking an overview of this module from the start to the end, I'd say I'll be getting a B for it.

Sigh. Only a freaking B.

The rational part of me says I could have done better but just forget it already and concentrate on the next paper. The emotional part of me is more conflicting. One one hand, it screams "You could have done FAR FAR BETTER" and refuses to let go of it. On the other hand, it says, "Wow, I actually kind of enjoyed answering the question. I'm sure I'm going to get an A."

*raises eyebrow*

However, emotions are important, ok! They serve very important functions in our social and daily lives. As such, this brings me to the next paper to study for - Emotions.

Oops, too much essay writing in exams has influenced this post.

And Good Luck to all taking their examinations!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home