Monday, April 21, 2008

Unknown numbers

Last night I received a SMS from an unknown number. The person said he had my number in his old phone but don't remember how he got it. He knows my name, I don't recognize his but I think "NUS" was familiar to him. The thing is, he is an oil rigger who works offshore and have been one for almost 2 years. I'm sure I don't know any off-shore oil rigger person. But it was (almost) the longest finding-out-who-is-the-person-of-the-number-in-my-phone SMS conversation I've ever had which ended with us having no idea who the other is or how the number came to be in his phone. It also ended with him saying "take care, good night, guess you have school tomorrow so you have to rest."

It was definitely weird and my intuition tells me to be careful.

There was this one other time this guy accidentally SMSed to the wrong number (my number) and we ended up chatting anyway through SMS for quite a few weeks/months. He was a bartender who did not seem to have a good temper at all though he was decent to me. He tried asking me out but I constantly refused. After a while we stopped contact completely.

The wonders of SMS. Sometimes I think my phone is an IRC chatroom all on its own, or some ulu-ulu corner shop where people accidentally come upon and decide to have breakfast/lunch/dinner there.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger yuka said...

i had this scary encounter when this guy called me on my phone. The thing is, i didn't know him at all but he knew my name. Then he said pretty weird stuff so i hung up on him.

Now i'm pretty careful when i give out my phone number. I was quite freaked out.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger tstar said...

That's scary! SMS still not so bad, at least never call, there's a distance.

There was once somebody prank called my number which was publicized coz I was in charge of the ticketing for concert. He called and called and called but always put down the phone when I pick up or he'll never talk. Freaky.

I just received a private number call, and I have a bad feeling about this. =S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home