Monday, May 12, 2008

Boring day

Need a job. Anybody needs a hand at anything?

And I'm out of blogging ideas. Do you want to hear my boring day?

I woke up to pee then went back to sleep. Woke up again with a startle to realize it's nearing noon. So I jumped out of bed, had cake for breakfast and read some more Raymond E. Feist's fantasy Trilogy - Conclave of Shadows, of which I am currently on Book Three. I will write a review of it or something akin to that when I am finished. It is the second time I'm reading this trilogy but the first time I actually managed to get my hands on the last book.

Watched BBCKnowledge on mioTV. I think it is BBCKnowledge because the show, Ten Years Younger, does not seem to have a lot of... knowledge... in it. Except for some knowledge on how to put on makeup and to emphasize to its audience that clothes really do maketh a man and appearance is very, very, very important. The show takes somebody who looks old for her age and transform her using mostly basics - hair, makeup, clothes, as well as with some dermatological and non-invasive cosmetic help. It really is quite fantastic.

I look at the time and decide I'd better prepare to head to school for the experiment. Brought along swimming stuff. By the time I finished lunch and have packed the rest of my things, I was horribly late. Phone ran out of battery while I was waiting for the bus. Bus took longer than usual for off-peak hours - a full 1.5 hours. I reached the place 20 minutes later than I should have. Was incredibly sorry and apologized rapidly. Sat down for experiment, finished experiment 30 minutes later. Received my $5, of which I really earned only $1.84 after taking away cost of specially making a trip down. I went down anyway because I promised the person 4 days ago that I'd help her on that day itself, but Psychology Lab had a black-out, along with some other buildings, so we kind of postponed it to a later date, which was today.

Walked to SRC's swimming pool. Logged my entry into the computer and took a swim. I still cannot do free-style. I could have paddled a hundred times and moved only half a metre. Am also too embarrassed to practice with people watching. About 10 laps later, after finding out my stamina and lung capacity has dropped dramatically with the lack of exercise, I choked on water while coming up for air and decided it is time to get out of the pool because people are starting to stream in.

I entered the correct changing room this time round but when I hit the button for water in the shower cubicle, I knew I had picked the wrong cubicle. Water was coming down so hard that when one spurt of it hit my nipple (yes, of so much flesh exposed, it hit there), it left the surrounding area slightly red. Finished bathing anyway.

Walked back to Arts, found a table with a nearby power point, sat down to charge my phone and read my book. An hour later I decided to head home. The moment I saw which 151 bus I was to board, I cursed - it was that damned Nokia bus. 3/4 into the ride, an Indian uttered "excuse me" and squeezed himself into the corner seat beside me which nobody attempts to sit in because the orientation results in them sticking their legs into the leg space of the others beside them. I had to deliberately move away to accommodate him. I thought "excuse me" means we should ignore the person. It does not help that he is blowing air in my general direction with each sigh. It also does not help that his breath stinks.

I reach home.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home