Friday, September 05, 2008

Running

It is 1.30am. Why am I here?

Some girl stepped on my foot today while on my way to school and sheared my toe nail off. I limped home upstairs and was on the verge of tears. My father threw me a box of plasters, told me to stick it to my toe, let it be for a couple of days then it will drop off (the nail, not my toe). Then he said he was going to work and told me to remember to lock the door.

So much for sympathy.

That's not the point of this post. 2 hours before the girl got her shoe over my toe, I went jogging. Few years back, my knee was injured for some reason, stopping me from my twice/thrice weekly jogging regime. Ever since then, brief jogging episodes left me limping home. Today I got fed up with inactivity and missed jogging too much, so I put on my shoes and headed to the park. It was about 1km into the run when my knee started hurting slightly. By the end of 1.6km, I knew I had to stop putting pressure on it. I was already jogging at snail's pace. Imagine doing 1.6km in 20 minutes!

The sensation was gorgeous anyway, the feeling of solid ground under feet, moving at a constant rhythm, the breathing, the rawness of air going into my nose, rush of blood, perspiration... I'm glad I ran before my toe nail got ripped off.

For some time I tried swimming instead of running for that absence of pressure on knee but I can't quite stick to it. I'm no athlete, but between running and swimming, give me running anytime.

Labels:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I hope you are ok!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger tstar said...

Yup, I'm ok. Was supposed to say in the post that it didn't hurt as much, but somehow at 1.30am, it slipped my mind.
Thanks! =)

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch!! sounds really painful

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger yuka said...

oh no! is it better now? did that girl apologize to you?

I had a similar experience too. This really fat girl stepped on my entire foot on the bus and my foot was blue-black for a week. That *beep* didn't even apologize.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger tstar said...

breadtree: ok leh, isn't THAT painful, but really kind of gross.

yuka: yar, she apologized really profusely, but didn't see my bleeding toe.
man, you seem to have really bad experiences!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home