Friday, March 23, 2007

Durians

Well, this is new. A guy selling durians just came to my door and asked if I'd like to buy some durians. Unfortunately, I was busy playing tamagotchi so wasn't really paying him much attention, only said no, gave a wide smile and he left shortly.
Don't know if you've had people selling durians all the way to your doorstep before but this is certainly new for me.

Kind of sad, isn't it? Last time durians used to be so popular, something like a luxury commodity that is only to be enjoyed during a certain time of the year. I think durian vendors then didn't need to source for customers because customers flocked to them. Nowadays though, I see durians everywhere so often that I hardly pay them any attention anymore. It isn't that I don't like durians, I really love them, but just not as much. Too much of a good thing, perhaps? Poor durian vendors have to search for customers now. There's a durian stall near my house where they open till quite late, trying to sell off the remaining durians that they have. My father once bought 10+ packets from him for $8. Not top quality durians, but it's still considered very cheap.

Is it possible that next time no more such durian stalls?? NO!! Ok everybody, go buy durians now!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it's quite sad to know how commoditised some things are nowadays...

A lot of these folks unfortunately dunno how to sell more effectively either, which makes it even more sad.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger tstar said...

yar.. it's like if they go to the house in the afternoon (like they did) it's unlikely anybody will be at home. a bit heart-wrenching...

haha, to feel sad for biz operators, that's kind of a first..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home