Friday, March 30, 2007

Last night - Olivia

Olivia last night, back after a trip to the mall with my father,

olivia: (shouting through the door grills to me) I bought a book with keys leh!
me: is it? Why got keys?
olivia: You know I was so scared you will scold me.
me: of course lah, buy for what? No need what.

Am I so scary?

Hold your thoughts on she being cute. Last night at 10.30pm, she still hasn't finished her maths homework although she had an entire afternoon to deal with it. She came to my room and sat at my table with me teaching her. Within a while, she was fidgeting, sighing and tsk-ing. It was really irritating but I didn't scream at her, just patiently waited for her to answer my question. Somehow along the way she flared up and went off.

"Too tired," she said. She laid down on the bed while I kept bombarding her with comments like "Tomorrow go to school let teacher scold nevermind, hor!" and "Tomorrow remember to copy from your friend ah!" (my mom hasuntil she couldn't take it anymore, took her homework and went over to my grandmother's place to do. But because my uncle and the TV is there, she couldn't really do anything. Distraction, you see. I went over and told her to come back and do but did not insist, just stated it then left. No point insisting because she herself knows who is right.

Some time later she came into my room sat there and said "nobody teach me", so after I have rebutted her a bit, I went on to teach her. After a while she gets fidgeting again then made a huge tsking noise, snatched her paper off the table and went out of the room where she threw a temper and lost her eraser - which was found eventually in my room. After cooling down her temper for a bit with Ah Bear and a bit of teaching on the bed, she was obviously too tired to think. A bit pissed but knowing that it wasn't any use, I took her paper and told her to tell her teacher that she could not finish her work on time and to ask for another day. She called mummy and mum said the same thing as me too, only that mum will tell the teacher she couldn't finish her work. Spoilt brat, she.

Anybody say she's cute again? Her temper is growing increasingly fiery the older she grows. It reminded me of one person - myself. I had a terrible temper when I was young. Really bad. The kind where I'll kick the metal gate, throw things at it in anger, scream, slam doors, lock myself in the room etc. Actually this temper extended all the way into adolescence but is not so bad now.

NO, she's NOT cute when she flares up. I don't think you'll tell other people your kid is cute when he/she (I know somebody who'd prefer the term "it") flares up in the future.

She's bold though, and what people would say with a high EQ. I, on the other hand, do not have that. My EQ must be extremely low and which falls with age. Now I'm actually afraid of coming into contact with people. Mum and I were saying that she wouldn't have trouble surviving in the world next time. Linus

Maybe I should just bring a security blanket along with me to work next time.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home