Monday, March 12, 2007

Sleeping; funny things

Sometimes sleeping on the bus is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

This morning on the way to school my stomach felt weird and I wanted to puke for no reason. For the first part of the ride I was reading my book but some time later I could not continue anymore. The moment I shut the book, my body started alternating between hot and cold. I could feel the sensation of the heat from my seat and the coolness from the air-con above and it was not making me feel good. At some point I wonder if I should get off the bus halfway because I thought I was really going to vomit there and then. Kept on praying that I won't spew my insides out. When a girl plopped down into the empty seat beside me thus blocking my way out, I started to panic slightly. But knowing that if I panic, I'll start thinking of vomiting and that might really bring it about, I told myself to cool down and breathe.

It felt like motion sickness. The odd thing is I've never had it until the last couple of years. I knew what I had to do. I needed to sleep right there and then and I need to fall asleep fast. Sleep didn't help. When I close my eyes everything was magnified 10-fold. Somehow I survived until the bus reached my stop.

On the way home just now I used sleep as an escape again. Gastric was so painful I could not sit straight. Spent the entire journey in semi-consciousness.

---------------------------
Today is a day of funny things.

I watched a mynah tilt its head as it surveys the drain the edge of which it is perched on. After a while I realize my head is tilted too and hurriedly straightened it again.

A girl was watching the fire extinguisher while busily eating something.

Another mynah was so intense on inspecting this tiny covered up drain along the corridor of AS1/AS6, it seemed genuinely surprised when my legs were inches away from its beak and skittered a slight distance away, sliding slightly on the smooth, tiled floor. Then it stood there and continued inspecting the drain.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

That's why I dun read on the bus one :D! The head confirm sibeh giddy. I also once had a bad case of food-poisoning which I suspect was aggravated by the motion-sickness thingy :P

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger tstar said...

But i usually read on the bus with no problems.
haha, but sitting on buses don't make you have food-poisoning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home