Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Got the job

So I went for the interview today and the person employed both my friend LY and me. It wasn't really that much of an interview as going there for the guy to run by us what the job is about and for him to get an idea of what we know. We very quickly signed the forms in 15 minutes and we start work on Monday, 28th May.

It's an insurance company and our direct boss is in charge of the sales section. Why is it that of all departments, we get to work for the sales department. This means there would be some calling and going out to do surveys. Was a bit skeptical about doing that for only $6/hour but the lack of money (only $20 in my wallet, remember!) and his subsequent comment that for each complete survey filled we would receive some incentive prompted me to keep my mouth shut and just accept the job for what it is. LY and I were calculating our monthly earnings while seated on a bench outside later on and I just realized it did not amount to much. Poor LY in the near future would be holding 3 jobs at one time (tuition, hair dye promoter and office job) while I'm still contemplating working in the restaurant in the park near my house.

From what I saw about the office, I don't reckon I will be sunny and cheery while working there because the place basically looks dull with its greens and browns. A very, very typical office setting but very different from the last office I worked at. The good thing is that LY will be working with me so I won't be lonely. Bad thing is working with friends tend to cultivate the you-wait-for-me-I-wait-for-you habit and the I-will-die-if-I-don't-work-with-somebody-I-know attitude. Which means you are basically very dependent. Nevertheless, I'm really glad. It is kind of the first time I have gone for a job with a friend, not to mention that we got employed together. There's a kind of secure feeling with that.

It is weird to be starting work only so late in the month when I'd usually be working now and returning home, bushed and complaining. Somehow I am eager to work myself till I'm exhausted. Workaholic? Have I mentioned that in my previous job I would work past my usual timing until I can't get out of the office because my pass don't work after a certain time and I had to get my colleague to open the door for me. And my colleagues will remind me to go home. I think I was a contrast to the previous temp they had who, I got the idea, rarely turned up for work. But working long not equals to quality work.

Exam results will be out this Saturday. I'm not really enthusiastic about receiving it.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home