Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Reached boiling point

I hate public holidays during examination period because the whole family is home and I can't study.

Just today I reached the limit of my tolerance and in the midst of teaching my sister, because she irritated me so much, I hit her suddenly on the arm really hard. She was really shocked and hurt, I think. Talk about child abuse/maltreatment. I felt really bad after that so I apologized to her, but the accumulated stress and frustration over the week from staring at mind-map after mind-maps was still boiling over and I almost, almost cried. FYI, I almost never cry at home in front of my family members except for a couple of times in the past, accidentally. Voice was breaking, eyes were tearing and since I was right in front of my sister, she could see that I was going to cry and was staring at me. Took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down, but not before screaming at everybody in the house, telling them why do they have to teach Olivia teach until have to shout (the irony) and have to in the end come find me to explain the math problem to her, all in the midst of my examinations. In the midst of it all I accidentally blurted out that I already failed one paper (ok, so I hadn't failed it YET, not technically, but people exaggerate things when they're angry, hehz, and it isn't really exaggerated in my case... argh, anyway..) so don't make me frustrated, or something like that. Then I took a bath, packed my bag and left to study at NUS instead, at 4pm in the afternoon.

Stayed there till 10.15pm. For once my mother didn't SMS to ask what time I'm going home, just asked if I were coming home for dinner and where did I go to study. Maybe I'll go to school to study again tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger VaLeN said...

my dear gal, dun stress yourself too much k.. just try your best, after thurs then u will be able to enjoy the break le =))

we shall meet up soon.. takecare..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home