Sunday, June 03, 2007

Attraction - Repulsion

Having somebody telling you that he is attracted to you is like taking a drug - it might bring you to a high if your body can take it or it might make you feel so bad you would not even touch the drug again. I don't like either effect.

To me a high means there will always be a low after that. I have learned that well.
To feel so bad about it that you don't ever want to touch the drug again is completely withdrawing from the person. It is repulsiveness and it isn't good because you are forsaking what might be - good friendship or good relationship.

I did not take it badly, which is a good thing. I did not over react (much), which is another good thing. In any case I don't wish to think about it too much because I know what my thinking can lead me to. But I'm frankly glad that things are on the table. Much as I study people's behaviour and thought processes, I don't enjoy guessing another's intention. Reason being *points to brain* I think too much, and thinking too much can lead to undesirable consequences.

I've learned something. Thank you for teaching me though I'm sorry I made you go through it all.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home