Sunday, August 12, 2007

Youngsters

Nothing much in this entry, just something that struck me.

Some time ago I went to Institute of Mental Health (IMH) for the volunteer orientation. Amongst the youngsters in the group, 3 of us found ourselves in each other's company. One of them is a JC1 boy from either ACJC or SAJC, another is JC2 from HCJC whilst I'm the oldest from NUS. Though I am technically closer in age to the JC2 girl, somehow I felt closer and could relate better to the younger boy. Bleh, perhaps mentally I'm still around that age. Another reason is because this is the first time we're volunteering for both of us while it is not the first time for the girl, so we tend to have the same questions and insecurities.

All 3 of us have each other's contact numbers. The boy has contacted me once some time ago to ask me something related to volunteering as well as a short chat after that. Then last night he messaged me again at 1.30am, asking if I was tired because he was going to study till 2am and wanted to chat for a while. I am kind of touched because he actually thought of contacting me. Then again, it could be because all his other friends are asleep and I am the last person on his list who might be awake =P

Am just amazed that he actually remembered me. Youngsters!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home