Thursday, November 08, 2007

Life from death

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


It has been 2 weeks 4 days since Cheston passed away and 2 weeks 2 days since the last entry, which said I would be archiving this blog. I tried doing it, but could not bring myself to do so - could not put my classmate's death in the backroom. It does not do him or the effect his death has on me, on us, justice.

His death is not an end, his death has revived feelings and thoughts in me. His death is but a beginning, a source of life in itself because his death has taught us to appreciate, taught us a different way of viewing things around us. So how can I put a death from which life and inspiration has come forth, into the backroom where it will hardly be read and likely forgotten? How can I cultivate life from a hidden source pushed into the depths of memory? When a good person dies, we don't forget that person. We always remember that person and what he stood for. We don't just learn from life and the living, we learn from death and the dead.

As such, I have decided to continue blogging in this present blog and try not to archive unless necessary because Cheston's death made me realize how much a person can be. For every post I write after the ones on his death, for every day I live after, I want to remember the reason why he made it this far. It was not just talent he had, it was passion.

He was a musician, a guitarist, a drummer, a music teacher. Seems as if his teaching did not just end there. Unintentionally, he probably taught more people with his death than he had while he was giving music lessons. Unintentionally, he was a teacher to the very end.

I hope I can live my life half as well as you did yours, Cheston. I hope I can muster enough heart, enough passion to do what I want and must, as you did.

When a good and young person dies, his life is not lost completely. It implants itself inside those around him - his family, those who knew him well and those who simply knew him. I hope his family and his closest friends find the courage to live their lives well, I hope they allow their love for him to drive them on, I hope they heal.

Where there is death, there is life.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home