Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Overly nice guy

It is freaking 1 am, I have a test tomorrow in the afternoon and I had initially pledged to sleep by 11pm. I am up because I have just spent the last 2 hours or so doing math in my semi-conscious state and finally I'm done.

The day before, I was on the bus to school with MZ when an overly nice guy got up the bus. By the way, NTU has really gone out of its way this time. It has refurbished an entire bus to mimic that of nokia, except that the seats are a whole lot more comfortable than nokia's and I am, thankfully, able to balance myself a little more while sitting on the seats. I was initially so angry when I realized another bus had been refurbished that through half the ride, I was mentally composing a letter to SBSTransit.

What are your opinions on this idea of refurbishing buses for advertising purposes and the timings the buses are on the roads? Do leave a comment if you have traveled on any of these buses before. Tell me if you like it/hate it/are neutral about it and why.

Anyway I was on the bus to school with MZ when this guy boarded the bus. I didn't even notice that he was standing in front of me slightly to my left until I tried opening my new bottle of mineral water. Attempts by both MZ and I to open the bottle failed and suddenly there was a voice from above me,

(words are not exact)

Do you want me to help you open?

I looked up and realized there was somebody in front of me and he was offering to help. Surprised but glad, I accepted it, handed him the bottle and thanked him. I was talking to MZ throughout the journey about several things, including how cold the bus is and commenting on some year 1's happy conversation. Soon after, the seat beside me was available and this guy who had helped me sat down in it. After a few seconds, he took out his windbreaker and asked me,

Do you want to borrow my jacket?

This time round I was really surprised, but politely declined and thanked him. I think he might have been aware that I was more shocked than surprised so he went on to explain that it's because I look really cold. I just told him it's OK and thanked him again, then looked in front with a frozen smile on my face and elbowed MZ who was on my other side. He did not talk to me after that for which I was secretly glad because I frankly wouldn't have known what to do.

Turns out he was a NUS student as well because he alighted at the Office of Estate and Development bus stop. I was telling MZ after that that perhaps he knew we were from NUS and was being nice to us. She said he was being overly nice.

WAS HE HITTING ON ME HUH??? Because if he was, this is my first time, ever. The other time was with MZ and Bao Ling so that don't count. =P So exciting (although he was actually balding) and funny. Or was he just being nice? Hmm, it might have been he being nice though. Entirely possible.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

5 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger yuka said...

There's a high possibility he was hitting on you=) Because i have never met such a nice guy like that on the bus or train.

Maybe nus guys are not that ungentlemanly after all.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger tstar said...

snowbiscuits: =D

Some guys are actually ok... but then there are those who are absolutely CHILDISH!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger yuka said...

haha yes i agree!!! even though they are so old already.

i know this guy who got upset when my friend and i pointed out cute guys to each other, in front of him.

sometimes i wonder who is the older one here.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger tstar said...

wah! hahaha! is that guy interested in you or your friend or something?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger yuka said...

haha. no. the most ironic thing is that he's already attached. i was like, "what matters most is whether ur gf sees you as attractive or not". i don't understand why he nees to feel threatened by better-looking guys.

and besides, my friend and i are not his girlfriend... so yeah.. childish childish..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home