Sunday, March 02, 2008

Singleton

21 years old.

At this point in time, I have given up on having a romantic relationship at all or even the thought of having a boy like me a little, little bit.

It's a little bit early, but I was pondering on the thought of what if I don't ever get married. Alright, maybe I was thinking a little too much. But really, what if? Then I started thinking about the possibility of choosing to be a single mum instead of getting married. That is, I'll select a guy with good qualities with only the intention of mating with him, then bear a child who is mine and only mine. Somehow the idea is more inviting than being in any type of relationship.

Well, a girl has got to plan for her future, right? Something tells me there's a high possibility of me being single for a long, long time. Sigh. Yearn for love, but fear of relationships.

Ok, mind off this! No way I'm going to be depressed over this. I can live off myself.


Dear,

To me, increasingly, you don't exist. Maybe I won't see you in the end after all.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

4 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes its just about the timing I guess..

Just go out and meet people for fun lor.

(And thats coming from an unattached 26 year old)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger tstar said...

fergus: is that last line supposed to make me feel better? =P

i agree about just meeting ppl for fun. my fren just told me to have fun and be myself... (only that "myself" is a pretty neurotic person)

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone once said, if u keep doing the same things, u will keep getting the same results. maybe you have to improve yourself. im juz a passerby who doesn't noe you, so i am in no place to give a definite suggestion. but looks, mindset, expectations...those are variable. im being practical here^^

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger tstar said...

hello anonymous...

it isn't really about not getting a partner, but more of the deep fear of getting a partner, yet wanting to know how it's like having somebody.

and i don't know... i don't quite like the idea of changing myself just to get somebody.. isn't changing myself for myself better?

but thanks for your opinion! hope u do drop by again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home