Monday, June 02, 2008

Am I busy or not?

I don't know if I'm busy or not. I seem to be very free in the morning and afternoon, then I'll start getting busy in the evenings. My mother told me not to waste time and go get a job. I cannot stand not doing anything. In a way, I am a slight workaholic.

However, I am involved in preparation of NUS SAVE's Green Carnival, which at the moment is still very much in the discussion phase, as a member of the publicity committee. At the same time, I have been very much trusted to be the in-charge of the photography competition for this Green Carnival as well, although I have joined all but 1 week 3 days ago. Fortunately there will be guidance. I can't say I am unhappy at being tasked with it because it just allows me to have a taste of how it is all like, although knowing my organizing skills, I am very much apprehensive. In any case, I'll take it one step at a time and do my best. Give me your support ok!

Then there is handbells, with practices on Saturday and some shows on either weekday nights or weekends. And there's Singbellz Fest coming up and I'm in charge of ticketing, which should be alright.

At the same time I have taken up this job which allows me to perform it at my own free time, a kind of surveying job for a market research company. Done something like this before so should be alright.

There's also another random 4 days job somewhere in 3rd week of June.

But for now, I am without a day job, haven't had a single internship, money going out more than coming in and, to put it very simply in arzhou's words, I am feeling very useless. I am increasingly feeling like my degree is for naught and that I cannot apply what I have learned. I have not had a single job which allows me to apply what I have learned. The thing is sometimes I don't even remember what I have learned!

Was also rejected for the Research Assistant job which I was really very keen on. Really do not know for what reason I was rejected because I thought my chances of getting it were pretty high. Maybe they thought I'd be too busy since I'd be in Year 4, or I simply answered the interview questions badly. It is a little ironic because I was first invited to apply for the position, but then I understand there are other candidates. Oh well, it was a good morale booster.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home