Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nodame Cantabile

1 episode was all it took to get me hooked on the anime series Nodame Cantabile. I finished 25 episodes in 2 days and felt extremely guilty after that for spending so much time on the computer.

Nodame Cantabile
revolves around classical music, orchestras, performances and how students strive in their passion for music. At the end of the anime, I found an ache in my chest similar to the sadness we feel when a drama serial ends and we have to say goodbye to the characters we have grown so familiar to. The anime was so close to home for me that it brought back memories. There were times I could identify with it and times I wished I could.

Have you ever heard a really inspiring musician play? Although I've seen a couple of famous musicians play, the only one musician who left an impact on me is not famous. While watching the anime, I remembered her watching her play and how it had really touched me. Haha, I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, but her performance gave me goosebumps in a good way, something I've never really experienced before. That was the one and only time, the one and only performance to have moved me in that way. It might seem surprising if I told you she is probably my age and studying in NUS, playing in the Orchestra, as a violinist.

I wonder now if it was because I have had bare minimum contact with violins, which would explain why I was so astounded by that one performance.

In any case, I like that image I have in my mind of that evening I listened to her play on stage. Clear. Exciting. Moving.

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger yuka said...

nodame cantabile!!! i'm a HUGE fan of it=)

actually, after watching this drama, i went to search high and low for classical music cds at home. i became more appreciative of classiscal music after watching nodame.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like nodame cantabile too...if i'm not wrong, the tv station did a 2 episodes special where they went to europe....if u like the female actress who played nodame, there is another show currently airing in japan now. It's called Last friends... think u could see it on crunchy roll

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger tstar said...

yuka: I specially bought a classical CD after watching it -_-'''
That anime is fantastic! Portrays the emotions nicely. I'm watching the live adaptation now, haha. Addicted.

anonymous: I actually tot ppl don't really like to watch it! Coz it's kinda classical, so...

ooh yeah, I saw there were 2 special episodes, but haven't watched yet.

OK! Thanks for the info on Last Friends!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger yuka said...

i just watched the special episodes a second time. must be because of your entry la. Last Friends is nice, but a bit towards the emo kind.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger tstar said...

yuka: I finally finished watching the special episodes! It was taking ages but super nice leh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home