Monday, June 02, 2008

Pre-officially-Year 4, Honours student, thoughts

Year 4 - Honours year.

For so long I've looked at the matriculation numbers of the other Year 4s before me, on the computer screens in NUS's computer labs, wondering if one day I'd be one of those matriculation numbers whom other students would look at and think "this is a Honours student's matriculation number".

For some reason, I feel really proud, though my results aren't anything to boast of. I started University full of hopes and completely naive. I've learned quite a bit in the 3 years here, things I know I'd need in order to further develop myself in the future. I've allowed myself to go through things I never thought I'd ever experience, things I would never be able to imagine. I know I still have a long way to go. However, I suspect Yan Wei will say I'm still that Stephanie who is still as easily mind-fucked. *shakes fist at Yan Wei*

I think I might cry when I log into CORS to bid for modules and see "Year 4" there (if it's written there), and it's not even my convocation ceremony!

I feel like I've waited so long to get to Honours year. Finally, I'm here. One final year. I don't want to let myself down.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

9 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jia you, steph. u can do it! :)

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger fallen angel said...

aww...so scared! dun hit me! haha :p

'easily mindfucked' is another way of saying u are still pure and innocent mah. lol

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger tstar said...

daph: yay! thx!

fallen angel: ooh, i'm pure and innocent! =) ok don't shake fists at you already.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just 1 more year!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger tstar said...

arzhou: yar, just 1 more year =(

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Bengbeng said...

just persevere n not lose heart... if others can do it, wh y not u?

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger tstar said...

bengbeng: thanks!

I have since made an effort not to compare to others anymore because I realize the more I compare, the more upset I get and in the end I get even worse. I think it's really dependent on the individual. Some people need that competition to survive, it pushes them upwards. For some, competition after some point just makes things worse and I happen to be this type of person.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

hey steph
i feel strangely comforted by this post.:)
we r gonna be yr four together!!
hehe. year four feels old. but lets jiayou

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger tstar said...

stephanie: =D
"year 4" sounds great though! haha.. yes let's jiayou!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home