Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Innocence; Valentine's Day

Friend 1: But she looks so innocent!
Friend 2: Oh, she's not!
There I was, walking happily on the red-tiled road when I made an innocent remark to a story Friend 1 was telling, saying that I thought he was going to mention something dirty. Then Friend 2 suddenly told Friend 3 that my mind is constantly on Friend 4's frequency which is the sex frequency. Of course I vehemently denied because I am really very innocent and I'm sure all of you will agree.

The doctor said that it is most likely a ligament injury and emailed me some of the exercises that I can do to strengthen the muscles around. A year after I've seen the other doctor about my knee, it still hurts sometimes when I walk, climb stairs or get up after sitting for too long. Most of the times it's a flash of pain, lasting for a few seconds to a few minutes but the pain never allow me to run for long. It's depressing when I see others jogging or when I look at that pair of sports shoes that I specifically bought for when I return to running again. Miss it dreadfully.

Today didn't turn out that bad at all. Apart from coughing my lungs out, spoilt slippers, bad test and having to tolerate seeing bunches of flowers. This year there seem to be lesser flowers around. Maybe people realize that it is really all a commercial farce and it is really not worth to spend $500 on a huge bouquet. Can't say that I'm unhappy about it. When I see somebody carrying a huge bouquet of flowers, I feel immensely embarrassed for them. Somehow it is akin to announcing to the world that you have a boyfriend who would be so dumb as to spend a substantial sum of money on a bunch of useless flowers that would die anyway, just because others are telling him that's what he should be doing on Valentine's Day.

I see small bouquets though and those, although small, are flowers and would die anyway, are really sweet. Small bouquets, unlike huge ones, do not bring the girl the trouble of wondering where to place the bouquet while on the crowded bus, in the lecture theatre or in the toilet. Small bouquets don't hinder the girl's view, causing her to accidentally trip over the long ribbon from the huge bouquet or her own shoes. Small bouquets are already expensive enough but might be within affordable range to be considered sensible as compared to the price of the larger ones. I think small bouquets say the 3 words fine.

It doesn't matter whether or not that guy gets you a $150 bouquet, 999 roses or a huge box of chocolates. All those are material matters. Flowers die, chocolates get eaten or stashed away in one corner. Love is not spoken in a day. All that matters is spending that day with your special someone. Of course a gift would be really sweet. I mean who don't like gifts? However the gift doesn't have to be really elaborate or expensive. Most of the times it's really the company that counts.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home